Quicken 2004 Cashbooks followup from 24077

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:32
ThreadID: 24610 Views:1567 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Travelers note. "Calculation" the Melbourne Quicken training company stood behind me in my endeavor to reconcile my Line Of Credit liability account from post 24077.

I rang them and they invited me and my laptop in to their premises to help me rectify the problem I was having.

The reality is that no-one can reconcile a liability account in the same manner as 'say' a credit card account. The program is just not set-up that way.

I had to transfer (enter again) ALL my transactions onto a new (credit card) account and ensure all scheduled transactions pointed to the new account.

There were only about 30 transactions in that month and 4 or 7 scheduled transaction pointing to that account but it took about 1.5 hrs to get the whole thing sorted.

I am really pleased with the end result. Some companies just give you grief if you have a problem but they did stand by me so I thank them.

The only problem (if you want to call it that) is that a profit & loss statement will show my credit cards owing about XXXXX more than it should and my liability owing XXXXX less. The net worth (which is the primary reason for doing all this) is accurate.

So there you go Quicken 2004 Cashbooks is bit behind the 8ball for the majority of loc home loans. Especially rloc.

An interesting stat the trainer said was that 90% of their mum & dad customers don't even reconcile anyway and most of them don't track categories from money spent from their wallet. lololol. They just ?? whenever, make one almighty transaction into "misc" every now and again. That's despicable.

Thanks for your help Calculation. (03) 9570 6000

If you keep this service up you might get a ride in the Coaster .lolol.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nudenut - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:14

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:14
i'm supprised you were able to get any help from Quicken
i'm still waiting for a fix to two programmes, quickbooks pro, quick books payroll, reported some 4 yrs back.....only reason i'm still using their sheit is that its easy, good reporting, and was able to train swmbo to use and if need be after market solutions to two of their other programmes...quicken share analyser, and 2002 payroll
AnswerID: 119847

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:34

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:34
Admittedly it is the only software I have ever purchased at full-boar retail price and I did pay topdollar for the training at $110 per hour for 2 hours.

But in the great scheme of things as they say it all works out soon enough.

Im not patting Quicken so much on the back here as I am the support centre "Calculations" in Melbourne.

As I said Nudie, I paid top dollar and I got good service.

FollowupID: 374916

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:46

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:46
so did I (fork top dollar) but as for after sales service...they have never heard of it!
pity cos basicly they do have a very good product...no as robust as MYOB..but very good none the less. What they need to do is fix silly mistakes via updates instead of leaving their customers finding work arounds whilst waiting for next version to have problem fixed...which doesnt happen anyway as i'v been waiting 4 yrs for two fix's ....thier answer is why dont you upgrade...."i did that last time and it the problem wasnt fixed...so WHY?"....well after much written correspondence i got nowhere so told them to hand back what I paid for upgrade ((keep in mind that the upgrade was supposed to fix problems) oh and WHOW in the first version of the upgrade you should have seen what it did... but that is another story again)) and they did! but not untill i threatened legal action....
FollowupID: 374964

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:04

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:04
It is a pity because the damn software itself it pretty good.

I guess I did well because I am such a level headed constrained gentleman type.

lololololololol.

FollowupID: 374989

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:27

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:27
keep blwin your trumpet ...no one else is going to! hahaha
FollowupID: 375004

Sponsored Links