extractors for 1hz/80lc

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 19:17
ThreadID: 24625 Views:1965 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does it really make a difference to fit brand named extractors or any kind will perform the same.

Ulises
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: muzzgit (WA) - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 22:24

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 22:24
Good thing no cheap.
Cheap thing no good.

Extractors aren't cheap, even cheap ones, so spend a little extra, buy quality, and rest assured that the product will not let you down in a short while.

The really really expensive ones are suited more for racing type performance, so there's no need to go overboard.

Some of the dirt cheap ones are made incorrectly, and have bits of pipe intruding the wrong way which makes them no better than the original manifold you took off.

They also need to be the right length in relation to each pipe, and need to be the right guage so they won't rust out too quickly.

Cheers'

Muzz
AnswerID: 119883

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 00:55

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 00:55
Genie extractors less than 600 fitted probably closer to a grand for the whole you beut system Member Coops did it recently and reckons he shoulda done it long ago..................... HMMMMMMMM whats stopping me?
AnswerID: 119899

Follow Up By: vitara - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:40

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:40
Hi Davoe, got genie fitted to my 2.8 diesel d/cab made a big difference when pulling up hills seem to get more out of each gear before having to change down and thats a huge advantage on a 2.8 toyota diesel (non turbo). I didn't notice any difference at top speed which is anywhere between 120 /130 klms flat knackers on a flat road with no head wind and that takes a while to get there, slightest head wind and your back to 100. I think I still need to buy some really dark headlight covers for the lights so the old girl dont see the hills coming.Take Care Vitara
FollowupID: 374970

Reply By: banjodog - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:32

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:32
For a brand name Gennie are pretty good but so are H&M. It's the design more so than the brand. Most exhaust shops can supply the better known ones.

There are 2 designs - tuned length and interference. The tuned length are only effective at close to max RMP, whereas the interference - or non tuned length - are good between 1500 rpm to 4500 rpm - giving a better low down to top end area performance.

But be prepared for possible upgrade to the rest of the system to gain the full benifit of the extractors. Otherwise start with a good free-flowing muffler and a 2.5" to 3" system from the origional manifold.
AnswerID: 119947

Reply By: Coops (Kalgoorlie) - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 16:55

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 16:55
my exhaust guy told me Genie for low down grunt with 1HZ as opposed to top end for Pacemaker Headers which is what I enquired about. I cannot dispute this and am totally happy with the end result.
Around the $700 mark for Genie and a further $400 for 2.5" tailpipes and muffler.
I have a friend in Perth who fitted cheap Chines junk and he couldn't tell the difference from previous whereas I certainly can.
AnswerID: 119986

Sponsored Links