Excellent Dealer Customer Service

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 02:02
ThreadID: 24708 Views:2242 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Yes, I confess, I drive a 2005 CRD JEEP Ltd as a the town car or I should say SWMBO does.

It is a fine piece of USA engineering technology ( Italian/German engine) etc etc etc that has been performing extraordinary other than a 'conniption' with a seal on/in the oil gallery on day one.

It was purchased from the Geelong Dealer and the oil 'issue' fixed immediately by the Oakleigh Dealer in Melbourne as they are in the next suburburb to me. Buying in Geelong is another story in itself.

Anyway, Tuesday of last week it developed a strange sound when under power/load that sounded like a high pitched vibration in the dash. It slowly increased in volume and by Thurs the power had decreased to a noticeable extent.

Thurs night the dreaded 'check engine' dash light flashes up and we hit LIMP mode.

Friday, down to the Oakleigh JEEP dealer who is only to helpfull and diagnoses a problem with the Turbo boost (ECW analyser plugged in to port - bottom of dash)

Bonnet up and straight to the culprit - split in the turbo outlet hose.

Ordered another one there and then and I 'limped home'

Thought, Ah! good excuse to give the Troopy a run on the weekend. Keys in, ignition, deadly sound emanated from under bonnet and the cockpit that was lit up like the 'good ship Venus' crashed into black oblivion along with a faint clicking noise coming from the starter ( B A S T A R D).

Soooooo! dusted the good old faithful Datsun Bluebird (1981) dog mobile keys off and off we go late night shopping.

Troopy diagnosis - Fusible link which is a multi link including the glow plugs. Monday morning Auto Elect made up two for me (spare) $20 (its only done 75,000Kms)

Monday 2.00pm the JEEP dealer rings up, COME ON DOWN which I do and 30 mins later its a magnificent machine again.

Now this is the Punch Line. The JEEP dealer is Oakleigh NISSAN who handles JEEP and RENAULT as second dealerships.

I cannot fault this dealership at all in relation to the JEEP, just been great and in view of that I would take a guess and say their NISSAN & RENAULT service would be likewise.

An interesting annecdote to this was that I suggested on the Friday that as they had inspected and diagnosed the problem, why don't we/they just cut the split section of turbo hose off and make a temp join until Monday.

Well!, you would have thought that I had suggested that the Pope was not a catholic. I was told in no uncertain terms that any defective part of the vehicle had to be returned to JEEP (where I don't know) for failure analysis in unaltered by human hands. If this wasn't done then warranty was voided.

I thought this was very interesting but have since had it verified and been told of instances where well meaning mechanics have allegedly fixed 'things' on cars under warranty and in so doing have voided the warranty on those 'things' and the engine as a whole. They apparently should have ordered the new part, changed it over and sent the defective one back.

Too bad if it happens in Wilcannia or the Pink Road House and you have to wait a couple of weeks for it all to happen.

Whatever, I do like NISSAN Oakleigh.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:46

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:46
Why do you have to "confess" to driving a Jeep?

I do... and I love it.

Funny, isn't it. On the other side of the world you have to "confess" to driving a Japanese vehicle!
AnswerID: 120289

Reply By: Scubaroo - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:21

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:21
Owned a 3.7L V6 Cherokee while living in the states (it's called a Jeep Liberty there - obviously a taken name in Oz) - great car. Did some offroading in it, I think 4WD Monthly were a bit harsh on it in their recent Discovery comparison. Not in the same class of vehicle, but certainly a worthwhile consideration if you're in the small-medium 4WD purchasing category.

I think the most I ever spent on filling the tank was $30 USD. Gotta love those fuel prices. It's no wonder the newest Jeep has a 5.7L Hemi - it's cheap as chips to run over there. Would hate to fill that sucker over here.
AnswerID: 120299

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:38

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:38
How did ya go with the phone booster?
AnswerID: 120305

Follow Up By: Member - 'Lucy' - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:16

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:16
Email me on

krobbo@optusnet.com.au

And I'll tell you
FollowupID: 375365

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:17

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:17
u have mail
FollowupID: 375366

Reply By: babs - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 19:51

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 19:51
Jeep RRRRRRR bought one brand new last year biggest piece of bleep I have ever driven, I have had nothing but problems im not even going to bother going there, I purchased it for the wife, at the time we were due to have our first child so an update in vehicles was necessary, big mistake, its been in workshop too many times and especially when it was needed.... My fault though I should have done my research, because I would not be driving it most of the time the wife liked the size and look so I bought it.... One good thing though the fuel consumption its fantastic I fill it up 75 litres and am lucky to get 300klm to the tank, in my calculations it somewhere around 24L per 100klm. gee whiz my brother inlaw gets 420klm out of his 5.7L V8 ute same 75L fill up.... Makes my 3.7L V6 cherokee look good (NOT)....GRRRRRRRR>>>> PIECE OF @#$%
AnswerID: 120398

Follow Up By: Scubaroo - Friday, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:50

Friday, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:50
Jeez, sounds like a lemon - we had ours for over a year without a single issue, and the in-laws in Florida have had it for another 2 years without the slightest mechanical hiccup (apart from the TWO accidents they've had it in since we gave it to them).
FollowupID: 375518

Reply By: Member Boroma 604 - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 19:57

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 19:57
Gooday, also drive a late 2003 Jeep CRD, bloody beaut vehicle, had V8 B4 that. Tow a 21Ft hardtop caravan, great tugger, heaps better than the V8, both on on economy & staying power.
In relation to the Liberty label, Subaru Liberty is known as "Legacy" elsewhere in the world. My sauces told me it was rejected here by RSL.
Really looking forward to have a run in the latest Jeep Grand with the new Merc V6 Diesel, due Aug /Sept I believe, looks even more impressive on paper.
Cheers Boroma 604.
AnswerID: 120401

Reply By: Wombat - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:15

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:15
There's an old saying - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Funny thing Ken, we have a Nissan 200SX which we purchased new from the aforementioned dealership and had serviced every 5,000km until the warranty ran out.

Our experiences were the antithesis of yours, but my Mum always said "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all".
AnswerID: 120409

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:11

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:11
Plurry electrics, Ken

Good ole Datsun comes to the rescue!
AnswerID: 120418

Sponsored Links