HF Radiotelephone Networks

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:22
ThreadID: 24860 Views:1759 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Been using Bushphone for the past few years. Considering a change to Radtel.

Anyone with any significant experiences with either network? Are there any others?

Cheers
Phil
Barret 950 HF Autotune
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: signman - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 15:09

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 15:09
G'day
The only two I know of are Bushphone & Radtel. As far as rates are concerned it's a matter of working out how often you use the service. I think Radtel may be slightly higher for access- but a bit cheaper on calls and same prices to fixed or mobile. Radtel also has the better equipment set up and from what I can work out better access frequencies & locations.
But as the saying goes- if your happy who your with- why change??
Have agood one-
AnswerID: 121122

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 16:37

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 16:37
Hi Signman,

I'm reasonably happy with the Bushphone having used it for a couple of years. Main hassles are the prerecorded voice and time taken to connect means that some people hang up before you get a chance to speak. I gather RADTEL doesn't have this. They both have plenty of bases and Bushphone has an extra one at Woomera, but I find I can't often get onto that base.

Membership fees are about the same. Call charges are not a consideration. Bushphone has a connection fee but a lower minutely rate, so I'd guess the total costs of my calls would be the same.

Its great being able to phone us the wife or kids in the morning when I'm away; and its great that work can't call me :-)))

Cheers
Phil
FollowupID: 376191

Reply By: brian - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 20:08

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 20:08
Phil i have used both, currently with bushphone i found priceing totally different,with radtel you had to estimate your usage 12 months in advance and forward the amount of money you guessed you may use ,eg you might guess that you would use $100 for the period,BUT if you only actually used say $25 radtel kept the entire $100 for $25 of calls,if this suits you thats ok,just check out pricing plans thoroughly first...
AnswerID: 121192

Reply By: noelr29 - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 22:35

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 22:35
Maybe you could consider The HF Radio Club cheap for short Phone Calls have a few discrete frequencies.
Noel
AnswerID: 121230

Sponsored Links