Liteon cruise control.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 22:17
ThreadID: 24890 Views:4517 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 2000 Mazda Bravo T/d, it has a Liteon A P 50 cruise control which although working fine up to 100 K/h it will always drop back to 100 when set to any higher speed. It can be set for any other speed normaly below 100 & can be brought up to over 100 with the set/increase button but just slows back down to 100 ???
Please can anyone offer a solution.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: joc45 - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 23:48

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 23:48
Hi Robinhek,
The pulse rate from your sensor is too high - the CC has an upper speed limit, and you have reached it. Depending on your model, you can:
1. Check the electronics module - if there is a black wire loop hanging out of it, cut it, and this will reduce the pulse rate.
2. If the module is self-programming (the manual will say so), you may have to follow the instructions in the manual to recalibrate it.
3. Remove one of the magnets on the tailshaft (assuming there are 2 or more). I suggest replacing the magnet with a dummy piece of steel the same weight to maintain the balance of your tailshaft.
One of the above should fix your problem.
Contact me on gezza90 at tpg dot com dot au if you have any queries
Cheers
Gerry
AnswerID: 121237

Reply By: Robinhek - Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 at 22:30

Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 at 22:30
Thanks Gerry, I have found the wire loop & cut it but have not had a chance to check it out on the open road. the unit was already in the second hand ute when I bought it but there was no manual with the vehicle. There is only one magnet on the tail shaft which is up near the gear box so no noticable inbalance.
Thanks again & I just hope the cut does the job. Cheers Robin H.
AnswerID: 121856

Sponsored Links