Rig Rd Trek

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 18:26
ThreadID: 24938 Views:1836 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to everyone who offered advice on our trip.We can't wait.Only a few weeks to go! We're going to take our time as were not in any hurry and don't want to dig up the track.To Craig,thanks for the advice and no offence taken.My husband has ben towing trailers all his life as a builder( I won't tell you his age or Ill be in deep trouble!!),but lets just say he is no spring chicken!! Plus he has travelled all over the place.I am definetely the novice not him.So we'll drop the tyre pressure,take our time and enjoy.I know I won't want to go back to work after 2 months off.
Thanks again to everyone who offered advice.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:03

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:03
There are several (wind-blown peaked) style sand dunes along the Rig Road...
Some are like vertical walls but are only 8-feet tall or so,, they may cause a little pain with a trailer...
AnswerID: 121485

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:24

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:24
Hi Voxson,

Yep, we turned off the K1 line, and back on the rig road a couple of weeks ago, and was surprised about the sharp drop offs on the western side of the dunes. I agree, might be interesting with a trailer.

Cheers
phil
FollowupID: 376614

Follow Up By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 07:52

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 07:52
Spot on...
We came across a vehicle bellied out on one dune and pulled him off and i thought at that stage what a pain it would be going East with a trailer...Even West could be interesting like you said...
We had to get off the French line because of the traffic which were not using channel 10 or sand flags...
FollowupID: 376692

Follow Up By: slave - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:25

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:25
A lot of the sand flags were hard to see, many of the dark red ones we saw a couple of weeks ago blended into the dunes really well. Ours was fluro orange and one of the 4wd clubs crossing at the same time commented on the high visibility of it.

The worst flag we saw was an old ragged mens hanky on a QLD Parks vehicle, visibility about 2 metres.

Mrs Slave
FollowupID: 376726

Sponsored Links