Walleroo rocks

Submitted: Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 20:25
ThreadID: 25048 Views:2209 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have been doing some Recces for Uppy (read a good excuse if one was needed for 4wding and camping) who wants to camp around Kalgoorlie,
I went to Walleroo rocks which is NW of Bulla B ulling It has many ways to reach it. The easiest being 500m E of Bulla Bulling where there is a track N to the transline Which you follow W for 33.7km till the 556km marker where you turn N for 7k to Walleroo Rocks which is a large sprawling rock with 3 dams which make good swimming and are full of yabbys and being permanent even contain small fish. On the return I followed a track that ran adjacent to and occasionly followed an historic railway track E which unfortunatly i lost After the Jaurdi Hills road and had to go bush for 3k to meet up with the Jaurdi Hills road.
Nice spot unrestrained by Nat park restrictions which confirms The goldfields as the 4wd track capitol of OZ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 20:28

Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 20:28
Make that lost the track afterb Jardi Hills road and went bush to get to the Coolgardi Hills road, here I headed south untilthe powerlines and followed them all the way to kalgoorlie
AnswerID: 121997

Reply By: Nudenut - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 18:08

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 18:08
at first i thought you'd been drinkin again...walleroo? just had to look at post and realised you are talking about places i never heard of...except for kalgoolie
AnswerID: 122160

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 18:41

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 18:41
ok lets talk South Australia Near where I lived there were such places as Mt allalone, Mt W.a.s.h, Turtle rock and one of the best Fishing beaches was Dolphins Beach, Closer to Adelaide good fishing could be had at Formby Bay Just a bit of a Passion for me to get to the spots that arnt well known and plastered all over the national magazines and talked about so much you are sick of it before even getting there. I do posts like this to encourage people to visit some of these lesser known spots and also taklk about the unknown spots from their backyard
FollowupID: 377331

Sponsored Links