Anyone heading to the Cape?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 19:06
ThreadID: 25077 Views:1904 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there

We are currently in Cairns and looking to head to the Cape within the next week or 2 at the latest. We have had this trip planned for well over a year but our travelling companions have suddenly pulled the pin on us and we are now looking at going it alone but would like to be able to tag along with a group if possible. We have a reasonably tight deadline of making it to Bamaga by the 14th of August as we have family flying up from Gold Coast to meet us.

We have a well equipped vehicle and all recovery gear, but feel there is safety in numbers.

If you or anyone you know is interested please let me know.

Cheers

Mel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:43

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:43
G'day Mel

Can't help with the trip ... :o(

BUT ... we were there last year and did it comfortably on our Pat Malone.

Go for it without a care. If it's anything like last year you won't have a worry and will most likely meet some top ppls on the way.

Don't miss the OTL ... "just because"

You'll be fine.

Enjoy

Rosco
AnswerID: 122196

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:44

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:44
P.S.

The shrimp was from 12 mile in Lakefield NP.

I left his cousin for you as he was a tad undersized ... should be fine by now.
FollowupID: 377372

Reply By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 22:03

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 22:03
Hey Melly,

My friends have started the trek up the cape about 8 days ago and have been to Cooktown, Cape Mellville, ??? Crossing and are now in Coen doing some laundry.......next stop Chilli Beach. If you drive real fast you may catch up....lol.

Just put the car in gear and get going and I am sure you will find someone on the way that you can travel with. Go up the Bloomfield track from Port Douglas to Cooktown and experience 1:3 & 1:5 gradients....concrete base though.

Regards,

Stuart M.
AnswerID: 122205

Reply By: mid life - Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:52

Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:52
Hi Melly

As the others have said, just go for it, we just got back last month, did the OTL up and back. At this time of the year you'll meet lots of people on the track so don't worried about getting stuck, there are plenty of people to help you out if you need it. If you get to crossing you are not sure about just wait for others to come through and follow them most people are pretty good up there and wont see you suck.

HAve a ball we did

Cheers
Jeff
AnswerID: 122254

Sponsored Links