Engel Water Tanks

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2535 Views:2001 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All. Has anyone had any experience with the Engel 57 litre water tank. The blurb tells me they are constructed of marine carpet covered polyethylene (1200x300x185mm) and pressurised so the outlet can be fitted higher than the tank. Sounds just like what I need if they will survive the outbacks trials and tribulations. Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Wednesday, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:00
You need a compressor to pump it up to 7psi.
http://www.camec.com.au/product.htm then click on PLUMBING nearly at the bottom of the page you will see all the tanks. You could use a small submersible pump 12v, a hand pump or whatever you want. If you 'contain' any of those tanks, they should be safe to pressurise to 7psi. Personally, and hand or submersible pump is a much better idea. Good thing about a submersible pump, is you can use it to fill the tank back up from the creek/river.

Pressurised tanks are not the go/norm due to the problems they have.

I have one of the 3571-001 59 litre capacity tank mounted under the tray on my vehicle, and fitted with an electric pump. I have a Nylex click fitting with tap mounted near the back of the vehicle to fill it. Just click the hose on. Make sure you use 'drink water safe' hose to fill the tank. I can also fill it with the electric pump or with a bucket.
AnswerID: 9329

Follow Up By: Truckster - Thursday, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:00
So wheres all the photos of the Ozi vehicle! Want to see the water tank inparticular!

FollowupID: 4707

Follow Up By: P.G. (tas) - Thursday, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:00

Thanks for that info. I had a look at that particular tank, but it's not what I am after. I am looking for a tank to sit across, and behind the cargo barrier in my 100 series RV, preferably carpet covered to match the interior. On reflection, pressurisation probably isn't a big issue as the tank will sit on the roller draws. Any other idea's or suggestions will be welcome. Cheers!
FollowupID: 4708

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Thursday, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:00

Truckster I will take some next week and stick them up on a website. The tank is right under the chassis. Was lucky the size was just perfect and would think it was made to fit. Just in the process of mounting the 4.5kg gas bottle. Trouble is had to much work lately that is interfeering with the important things in life. Fortunatly looks like it is slowing down a bit.
FollowupID: 4714

Reply By: Cashy - Thursday, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:00

A friend of mine has one for sale that he bought that wouldn't fit where he wanted to put it after he had used it. If you are interested here is his email address pk100lc@yahoo.com

Regards

Cashy
AnswerID: 9352

Sponsored Links