air compressors: which reseal bead effectively?

Submitted: Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2595 Views:2068 Replies:5 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering which air compressor besides the big red is renound for resealing the bead on my split rim troopy tyres? Has anyone used a bushranger pro or max?

cheers

adam
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00
endless air.
AnswerID: 9658

Reply By: Axel + Karen - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Adam,,before Ozi answers and calls you stupid as is his habit,,being a split rim,, ergo a tubed tyre,,any source of air under pressure will eventualy seat the bead,,, the Bushranger is much the same as that sold by supercheap, this xmas same sold by Repco for $99 cheaper version $69 has gauge mounted on actual compressor, either one will do the job you require, perhaps not as fast as some other [ read dearer ] units ..
AnswerID: 9659

Follow Up By: Adam - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

i was advised that the cheaper units were not reliable, especially when far from anywhere, as they tend to overheat and are too slow....i was also told they dont reseal the tyre properly. Do you suggest any compressor will do? Have you actually tried this?
FollowupID: 5010

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Poor Axel & Karen, not been to see your theraprist yet. What a failed pair of psychotics. What do they say about birds of a feather! At least you can keep each other warm and fuzzy in your troubled mental state.

Suggest you up your tablets to a reasonable dose, and hopefully it will stop you nutters from spewing forth the manure you like to drop everywhere you go. You dumb fools cannot offer anything sensible or original.
FollowupID: 5018

Follow Up By: Ray - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Moderators, do we have to put up with the tripe from these 3 people
FollowupID: 5019

Reply By: Raymond Charlton - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Hi Adam
The following site has alot of information for you even on how the seat a safety rim http://www.tyrepliers.com.au/incontents.htm
Regards Ray
AnswerID: 9663

Reply By: bruce.h - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

adam
best pump i have ever had was the air conditioner pump conected to tank, not only is it reliable but you can even run air tools off of it & as it is attached permantly you dont have to find somewhere to store it
Regards Bruce
AnswerID: 9673

Follow Up By: Mark - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 17:25

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 17:25
Bruce,
Sorry to cut in.
Could you please give me information on the A/C converted air compressor that you mention in your reply to adam?
I picked up a pair of air lockers from the wreckers for my hilux and I'm looking for a compressor to feed them and also inflate tyres, etc. The ARB compressor suitable for diff locks has a receiver built in but is over $300. I have an old A/C compressor that may do the job and I could soon put together a receiver from copper pipe. I can think of other things to do with the $300.
Perhaps you or others know of someone who successfully made an air compressor from an air conditioning compressor?
Thanks,
Mark
FollowupID: 6691

Follow Up By: Bruce.H - Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 22:00

Thursday, Jan 23, 2003 at 22:00
Mark
just type this out on how to go about it got to the last word miss keyed lost the bloody lot so here we go again
we basicly used the same type of air con pump as was already fitted to the vehicle it is to be fitted to,we then mounted that either above or below the exsiting aircon pump depending on the room available,we then changed the pully on the original pump to a double pully & run a belt from that to the 2nd pump to run it . then on the inlet side of the pump you place a filter to keep the dust out of the pump,you then run a hose from the outlet side to a storage tank her we used a length of galvanised water pipe about 120mm diamiter with braied or welde caps at each end we also fitted 3 outlets or holes with thread to take your hoses 1 for your inlet a 2nd for you hose to your hand peice & a 3rd for the emergency releaf valve what ever you do do not leave off the last one becuace yopu wil be supprised how much preasure builds up,from there you run a wire from the unit to the dash for a switch same as for turning on your air con this alows you to turn the pump on whilst you are still driving that way youcan fill the tank before you stop no waiting when you stop you must also take the filter off & clean it & drop some oil down the intake priodicly so as to stop the pump from siezing,this set up would pump up 33.5 x11.5 in tyre from dead flat to 35psi in about 42 seconds down side of this set up especialy with new cars is finding the space for the second pump as top running lockers off of it cant see why you counldn't you would may be need more out let in your tank ,not quite sure how lockers are operated from that point of veiw but if you dont know then some body on here is bound to know.
if you need any other details let me know how to contact you
Regards Bruce
FollowupID: 6709

Reply By: Goran - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00
Adam, any heavy duty 12V compressor will do it. Max air is a very good value for money. In the end it all depends as what your requirements are. If you are likely to inflate tyres on say, 3 to 4 vehicles than Blue tongue if the one you want.....continiously rated. My advice is stick with heavy duty stuff.....300 to 400 $......it pays in the long run because cheap stuff will let you down. If you are bying cheaper unit carry the foot pump as a back up.
AnswerID: 9679

Follow Up By: Adam - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00
thanks mate; i got the bushranger max after much agonising over the price, but i tired it out and its a sweet unit, it resealed the bead on the rim without much effort

FollowupID: 5026

Sponsored Links