honda eu10i generator

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2780 Views:10558 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
be aware of the cheaper generator.was in our lokal honda dealer today to check out the little honda generator great from what ive heard.the guy in the shop gave me a price of about $1500.we started talking and i said that ive seen people getting them cheaper from what ive seen in this forum.i said about $1300. he took me out back and showed me one that was from a dealer in perth this is where the problem is they are impoted from the U.S.A and honda australia wont do waranty work on them as other ones are made here.not sure if it was just a story but showed me the differece imported one has missing stickers on side apart from that there iddentical.has any one heard of this and if not just check before bying cheaper one
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00

Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00
Diamond I am deeply into Honda, and to date have not seen any grey imports. I am not saying they don't exist, but have personally not seen any. Would be a bit of a problem coming from the US with a 110v 60hz supply. Honda warranty is a world wide warranty like Canon, so if the unit was genuinely faulty, Honda Australia would normally and should honour the warranty. $1,300 to $1,350 is the going price for a EU10i Honda Generator.
AnswerID: 10464

Follow Up By: Diamond - Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00

actually that was one thing the guy did say check the voltage im in bendigo vic and if they were that cheap i would still be interested.as i said it could just be a story for the sale you know what sales men are like i should i am one lol
FollowupID: 5505

Reply By: Allyn - Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00

The Honda Shop in Perth has a great reputation and I personally would be very surprised if there was anything shonky about them at all. Check out their website at http://www.hondashop.com.au and perhaps even ask them personally if you have reservations.
A search of this forum should give you some recommendations too as I recall them being spoken about in previous postings.
AnswerID: 10467

Follow Up By: Diamond - Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00

the guy didnt actually say the honda shop could have been any number of places bendigo is a very small place and theres about 6 places i can bye a honda generator here but all seem to want to charge the same a little sus to me lol
FollowupID: 5510

Follow Up By: Allyn - Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00

Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00
when I was looking a little while back Honda Shop was only place where you could get EU10 for $1300 so assumed that's who your local dealer was talking about.
FollowupID: 5513

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00

You can get them here for $1,395 and believe they will come down to $1,300 to match other dealers:
http://www.grahams.com.au/Grahams/index.cfm?ID=184&ProductView=421
Locally you can get them for $1,325.

Depending on what you want to use the generator for, have you considered solar panels. I have two SX75 solar panels that I use to run my evaKool fridge, colour TV, and a 12 to 240vAC invertor for the odd job.
FollowupID: 5518

Reply By: Old Soldier - Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00

G'day Diamond.

I read your post with great interest as I was in the same boat 12 months ago.

Tell your local Honda dealer that is the biggest load of crap in Australia.

The same "urban myth" was put to me by local dealer in SE Qld when I was in the market for the eu101 last year.

It is simply soud grapes against Perth's "Honda Shop" - the most progressive dealer in the country.

I queried it with Honda Australia, and I enclose the text of their reply email to me below:

"Thankyou for your inquiry regarding the EU10i generator. The Honda Shop in Western Australia are an Authorised Honda Dealer. We supply the generators for all Honda dealers in Australia, including The Honda Shop. The suggestion that they are a private import is incorrect.

Please note that Honda Australia offers an Australia Wide warranty through all Authorised Dealers.

One of the warranty conditions requires that the unit is pre-delivered in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. When a customer collects a product from a dealer, the warranty registration
form states that the unit has been pre-delivered. This gives the customer
peace of mind that they are properly covered by a warranty.

If you buy a unit that has not been predelivered, and you have a warranty issue in the future, the onus will be upon you to prove that you have followed the manufacturers instructions for pre-delivery and service. We encourage you to always purchase a unit which has been pre-delivered and that you have a qualified person explain the features of the product to you. This will ensure that the unit will perform correctly when you take it home and you will understand how to operate it safely.
Notwithstanding our recommendation, you are freely entitled under
Australian Law to purchase what you like, where you like and from whom you like.
Kind Regards

Peter Singleton"

You will note Honda's comment about the suggestion of private import being incorrect.

The Honda Shop assured me via email that all their generators have been pre-delivered correctly.

I bought my generator from The Honda Shop and can only speak highly of them. It was the cheapest available in the country at the time, and on speaking with the Sean Peters the general manager of that company he told me that the reason they can offer them so cheaply is simple. They buy them in bulk, and EFFECTIVELY market them around the country.

Tell your local dealer to get into the 21st century if they want to compete. I have nothing but praise for the Honda Shop.

i can supply a copy of the full email and the email address of the sender within Honda if anybody doubts this post

And as for the gennie itself - WOW - what a great little unit !!!!!!

regards

Dennis N

AnswerID: 10486

Reply By: forge - Saturday, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:00

Saturday, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:00
Just bought one at the honda shop in perth yesterday . $ 1395 was the prise . I was told that thay had just bought in another 100 at that prise & that seam to go quite quickley.
AnswerID: 10571

Follow Up By: Truckster - Monday, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00

Monday, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00
They must have a lot of room to buy units 100 at a time, not to mention the $$ They must ahve!!!
FollowupID: 5628

Sponsored Links