Being Environmentally Friendly

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2807 Views:1341 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Is phosphate free and biodegradable sufficient for washing liquids/powders and soaps?

Or are there more environment friendly ways to keep us and our belongings clean(ish)?

Cheers,

Stuart
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00
We use BioZet as it is .0002% or something like that in phosphours stakes and it really gets your clothes clean. I learnt that from dairy farmers that had constantly being sprayed with cow faeces. Does a great job as well as being the best soap powder for the environment.
In dishwashing liquid we use Cousins Morning Fresh, as you use the least amount and it is proven the best grease cutter and is septic system friendly.
AnswerID: 10627

Follow Up By: Royce - Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00

How is Morning Fresh 'proved'? I have taken children through various tests in the classroom. Only primary schools..... but every time, Morning Fresh removes grease at equal or below such detergents as Trix and Palmolive. Dawn seems nearly useless as do some of the 'environmentally friendly' detergents. I would love to find out where you have the information from that you have to use less to 'cut grease'. Also ... which other detergents are not septic system friendly? I am interested in getting more information together to share with the kids I take for science and environmental studies. This year is the Year of Fresh Water.. cheers Royce
FollowupID: 5614

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:19

Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:19
Royce go to the Choice website and all the results are there for Cousins Morning Fresh compared to the rest.
FollowupID: 5871

Reply By: royce - Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00

As I understand it.... phophates are not evil in themselves. They are basically ferilizer. Weeds and algae grow in waterways to the detriment of the natural state of things there. The important thing is what you do with your used detergent. We tip our wash-up water into pot-plants and onto the garden at the moment. During Winter it goes down the plug-hole and into the septic system. All remains on our farm. [I think!]. It always amuses me to read on detergent bottles that they are 'biodegradeable'. So what? They all are! That's the problem that chokes up our rivers! This is the International Year of Freshwater. Cheers Royce
AnswerID: 10639

Sponsored Links