Out it goes... Say by by life...

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 14:48
ThreadID: 29371 Views:2395 Replies:11 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Life as I know it is soon to be over, with a kid on the way...and when the right place presents itself, a mortgage. Urggg

So sacrafices have to be made... and that included selling the beloved Troopy. It's in the trader now, suited and booted, though to make it easier to sell to the average Joe, I'm auctioning off a lot of the gear that I put on it for my trip.

Solar Panels, Inverter, Storage Drawers/Consoles (for 70 series), water tank, and pretty much anything else you see listed on the vehicle. This gear is only a year old with receipts to boot. Head to the trader, under Accessories or Vehicles.

Sniff... I will be sulking in the corner... sob

But I WILL BE BACK!!! With another landcruiser, in about 20 years I reckon... HA... In the meantime, look out for the $hitty red laser with the stickers like "we crossed the simmo" and "I crossed the pieman on the fatman" ... a reminder of better days...

Wheely OUT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bushfix - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:02

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:02
so what are you going to take your sprog/s camping in? how are you going to teach them about the beautiful bush?

enough of the doom and gloom, get back out there. you'll live longer and your family will be better for it.

AnswerID: 146580

Follow Up By: WheelTravel - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:07

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:07
As a kid, I always went camping in an old banger, my old man used to get that Cressida anywhere!

Unfortunately, the 40 odd grand I will get for the truck and gear is needed to put towards a mortgage... Plus it only has 2 seats in it and the rest is set up for camping, and I don't have the money for the 3rd door/ 2nd row of seats conversion.

I will be back, and I will take the kids camping, but right now, my priority isn't camping, it's the welfare of my family... A good house, in a quiet street with a backyard for sport... etc.

Cheers
FollowupID: 400060

Reply By: gramps - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 16:13

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 16:13
Wheeltravel,

Congratulations and all the best. You are right in ways. Life as you know it has ended, the party is over LOLOLOL

However, the good news is a new life with just as many, if not more, rewards is starting. You will enjoy it.

You'll be surprised at how quickly time will pass and you'll be back out there with at least one other new, enquiring mind wanting to experience all you have so far in the bush.

Regards
AnswerID: 146598

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 19:19

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 19:19
Don't worry I did it for about 5 years no 4wd it was hard but I got the house etc.

All the best
Eric
AnswerID: 146645

Reply By: Brad, W.A. - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 19:32

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 19:32
Wheely,
Congrats on the spog. Life is not over it's just another stage of the complete story. I have twin 3.5 y.o. daughters and a 8 month old daughter. Last year we (the trouble and strife, twins and myself) drove the Holland track, the girls loved it. In a couple of weeks we are all going camping (in a tent) down at D'Entrecasteaux Nat Park. Just because you now have a kid it does'nt mean you have to stop 4wdriving or camping. Talking the kids out I hope will make them appreciate and respect the environment so their kids can enjoy it as well.
AnswerID: 146647

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 23:16

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 23:16
where is all the gear being sold? I only see the ad for the car?

congrats on the kid, but dont give up... takin the kid campin is the best part of it!
AnswerID: 146696

Reply By: bombsquad - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 00:22

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 00:22
Congratulations on the expected new arriva. I, like others have said, understand and respect the priorities you have made.....but...having a 2.9 yo and a 0.9 yo myself I am so glad to still have the 4wd and do a little camping still. It is very hard work, usually about 8 pm before you have kids asleep and everything organised how you want them. Then the wife is tired and wants to go to bed so you orgnise that - our camping arangements at the moment are the wife and .9yo son get the roof tom camper, and me & the 2.9yo daughter get the tent, only then do you gat a chance at a quiet, relaxing beer by the campfire. 15 min later you decide to go the bed çause you know at 5am you'll hear - "get up daddy, breakfast, wake up daddy, I want camping breakfast (bacon and eggs).

Its hard work, but priceless. I thaught It would be the end of lif as I knew it, and in ways it was. But its true what pople say, its different when they are your own. The smell of a soiled nappy a few years ago would have me dry reaching, but since then I have been covered in the stuff and managed. Hope circumstances see you and your family in the fray again soon.

Cheers Andrew

PS watching a C section was the coolest thing I've ever seen!
AnswerID: 146715

Reply By: arthurking83 - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 00:46

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 00:46
Sorry to break the bad news WheelTravel, but these guys won't be here by the time you get back!! ;-)

So in the next 50 years............ :D

Nah only joking!!

Get yourself an old banger too, a cheapie $2K 40 series( the red Laser won't make it!), if you don't do it now, SWMBO will never let you get it, or you'll have to get used to slleping under the stars!!

:)))

congratulations on the little one.......I still remember it as the best day of my life!
AnswerID: 146726

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:05

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:05
Everywhere will be closed in 20 yeras
AnswerID: 146728

Reply By: WheelTravel - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:45

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:45
Thanks everybody on the support and feedback...

I didn't really mean to be negative... I'm looking foward to it... tremendously!

I like the idea about the 40 series... FJ40... what a beast!

Trucky, thanks again for your highly positive feedback.... mate, the gear is all for sale under "Touring Gear" in 2 seperate ads in "Accessories" though if there's something on the truck you read and want, lemme know. I.E Lights, Air Horns, even Stratos Seats...

Cheers

AnswerID: 146750

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:20

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:20
Kids are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what we live for!!!MPG:5!
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 146761

Reply By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 16:36

Friday, Jan 06, 2006 at 16:36
Good luck with the family and enjoy!

No 4WD doesn't mean the end of good camping. We started all our kids camping in a 10 year old Tarago that went everywhere in the Territory, SA and NSW (even up some 4WD only tracks!) Its all about how you drive - we only got stuck once on a slippery bank in the Barrington tops towing a trailer and self recovered after about 10 minutes thinking (dropped the trailer, drove over the slippery bit, then towed the trailer through on its jockey wheel with a very long rope).

My daughter cried when we sold that car to by the Paj because we had been to so many good spots in it.

Cheers

Pete
AnswerID: 146823

Sponsored Links