magnum deep cycle batteries

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:46
ThreadID: 2953 Views:2009 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have read in the archives about magnum 6volt 250 amp hour batteries connected in series. Does anyone else have any experience with these batteries. Also price and availability.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:35

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:35
Dazza there are heaps of good batteries and models availble on the market. There are also heaps of brands that are just stickers brands, not actually made by the company on the sticker.

In what application do you want to use the battery

It really depends on how you are going to re-charge these batteries

What are you going to run from these batteries

How often are you going to cycle/use them.

Is this Magnum brand just a sticker brand, as I cannot find anything on the Internet about them at all.
Do you have a URL for information on these batteries?
AnswerID: 11270

Follow Up By: Dazza - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:20

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:20
Ozi, I have the pirranah electronic isolator and also a 80W solar panel.
I will be running a trailblazer 80L and a light, I regularly do short trips thru out the year and one lengthy trip of about six weeks annually. The only info I have on these batteries is in the archives of this forum, the person states 8 years use and still in good condition, I think they are USA. He also states that the batteries are never discharged below 75% and are given a thorough recharge with a good quality charger monthly, which is what should be done anyway to get the most life out of the battery.
FollowupID: 6211

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:02

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:02
Dazza you had better find that battery and clone it. The battery probably weighed a tonne.
I wonder how they manged to get enough antimony into a battery like that to make it last that long without the plates falling apart in a motor vehicle. Must have been quite some battery.
I could not be bothered babying a battery like that.

These batteries will last 3 and 7 years respectably and that would not be mobile use. What is more, you would have to look after them.

7 year warranty:
http://www.cyb.com.au/Industrial/Standby_PS/Flooded/Enersun_SSR.htm

3 year warranty:
http://www.cyb.com.au/Industrial/Standby_PS/Flooded/Enersun_SSDC.htm
FollowupID: 6221

Reply By: Topcat - Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 23:50

Monday, Mar 03, 2003 at 23:50
Dazza,I may be a little late in replying to the question, but I'm the person who has these magnum deep cycle batteries & I would like to set the record straight from the comments made by OziExplorer. The main reason these batteries have lasted so long is that they were not in continuous use but were put into storage and a constant pulse charge was applied to reduce sulphation of the plates. They are quite large in size mainly in depth then in length & width. ( about the size of two start batteries put togetheron top of each other.). Since submitting that article in the achives, I have gone to a set of 2 x 6volt 190amp Magnum Deep Cycle batteries which are the size of a conventional heavy duty start battery & they are available from W.A. Solar Supplies in Osbourne Park W.A. Telephone (08) 9244 2668 & are $200 each. They are American Manufacture.
AnswerID: 14395

Sponsored Links