Coromal Silhouette Camper

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:48
ThreadID: 29603 Views:2536 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just back from about a 2000Kms trip with the "NEW" Coromal Silhouette Camper. Headed off to Victoria on Boxing Day and camped with some fellow forumites for 6 days in the heat. Had the camper in a fair bit of sun and the fridge performed in the heat on gas with no problems (It kept the homebrew cold). The electric 12 volt wind up winch is fantastic. No winding up or down - just flick a switch. We drove from Benalla thru Wood's Point and on to Warburton. Quite a windy and dusty road and the Silhouette towed very well. Of course the fact it was being towed by a Terracan helps:) Even found the Micro-Brewery at Jamesion on the way. They make a fine drop of ale. Went over some quite rough and VERY dusty roads and no dust in the Silhouette at all. From Woods Point to Warburton it poured rain and not a drop in the camper. After getting back to Bathurst gave the camper a good going over and found nothing loose or broken. Just a minor problem with the taps over the sink which are being replaced under warranty. In general we are very happy with the Silhouette. We got the version without push out beds. We have 2 x Single beds inside the camper. I am a fairly big guy (135Kgs) and don't find room a problem at all. The beds are very compfy and the fridge works great on 24 Volt, 12 Volt and gas.
Now have to plan our next trip. Looks like a weekend at Dunns Swamp in February.
Cheers to all.
The Bigfella
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 14:16

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 14:16
Glad the rest of your trip was fun Brian and that you and Gay made it home safely, lovely to meet you both.

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 148035

Follow Up By: The Bigfella - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 15:33

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 15:33
Thanks Lyn.

If you could E-Mail me yours, Sir Diamonds and Glenns postal address I will send you a copy of the DVD Video Gay took on our trip. I have Jimbo's E-Mail address to will contact him direct.
My E-Mail address is either:-
stoutman @tpg.com.au or lagerman@tpg.com.au

Cheers

The Bigfella
FollowupID: 401328

Reply By: JFK - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 20:43

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 20:43
Bigfella,
Very interested to read your experience thus far with the Silhouette. I have considered getting one of these later in the year (if I can find a reasonably priced second hand unit). Will be interested to hear of any future praises or otherwise. I had some terrific feedback a couple weeks ago regarding the pluses and minuses of wind-up campers. Unfortunately all was lost in the crash. Keep me posted and happy camping. Regards...
JFK
AnswerID: 148145

Reply By: Jimbo - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 20:52

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 20:52
Great to meet you and Gay,

My boys love your Bourbon and I've been sipping on the fine "Skybuie".

See you in October and we'll talk in between.

Cheers,

JIm.
AnswerID: 148151

Sponsored Links