cannot find web sites

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:00
ThreadID: 29690 Views:2156 Replies:6 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
normal search engines ( google etc) not finding trailblaza or autofridge sites. can someone please supply same or contact numbers of manufacture.i am researching different types.
also is it trailblaza or trailblazer.

thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 120scruiser - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:08

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:08
Auto fridge is under quirks.
www.quirks.com.au
AnswerID: 148531

Reply By: rolande- Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:13

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:13
Site for autofridge art Quirk's

autofridge

For Trailblaza try Norcoast refrigeration

trailblaza

Hope this helps

Rolande

AnswerID: 148532

Reply By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:32

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:32
I'm afraid Google is not a normal search engine, you have to pay to get listed.

Try searching for "low water alarm" on it.
The only way we get a listing on it is via the EO web site.

Now try the Nine MSN search engine: http://search.ninemsn.com.au/?gcs=1

search for low water alarm again & see the difference.

Then search for trailblaza and autofridge. Lots of leads.

Google is not a true search engine. It is a paid advertising medium.

Davy
AnswerID: 148548

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:47

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:47
haha, sour grapes, those guys are worth trillions
FollowupID: 401802

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:59

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:59
You are probably right!

When we commissioned our website a few years back we were simple enough to think people would be able to find us with a search.

Most folks do use Google and as our website designer told us "There are many ways to get listed on Google, unfortunately they keep shifting the goalposts, so the easiest way is to become a paying advertiser"

We thought the idea of a search engine was to "help users find what they need quickly and intuitively", as Alta Vista say in their mission statement.

At least Google could be honest enough to say they are primarily an advertiser, rather than a search engine in the first place.

I an not sour, it has just been a long, sow learning curve. :)))))

Davy
FollowupID: 401805

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 15:31

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 15:31
Davy

I have had no issue with Google at all and I do not subscribe or advertiser with them

Our own private, non commercial family website, last year got over 200,000 hits and 15,000 plus page views

The website is so well known especially to genealogy researchers that very large organisations have published, ( read stolen ) content from it. But I don't mind as long the history aspect is preserved.
FollowupID: 401924

Reply By: Darian (formerly Banjo) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:50

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:50
Google Schmoogle - engines ain't engines - the first site listed on a search at altavista.com for autofridge was ......quirks !
AnswerID: 148549

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:59

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 17:59
To the man formerly known as Banjo:

Yes Alta vista is a worth engine too!
Even gives us top billing!

I quote this from the Alta Vista web site,

"Our Goal
A cornerstone of AltaVista's mission is to provide access to information to the global community, and we are dedicated to setting the standard for search technology and how people find information. As the Web becomes larger and more complex, finding relevant information efficiently has become increasingly vital to Internet users. By innovating our proven search technology and adapting to the changing complexity of the Internet, we help users find what they need quickly and intuitively. Our topical searches aggregate information into highly segmented indexes, helping users refine their searches and quickly access the most pertinent and useful information. The company's `Power of Precision' philosophy underlies everything we do as we strive to deliver the most powerful search tools available. We continue to evolve with new initiatives dedicated to continually improving freshness, quality and relevancy to help users get the precise results they seek"

I wonder what google declare as their "mission" ???

Davy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FollowupID: 401786

Reply By: cyprelda - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 18:11

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 18:11
Thanks every one.

Living is still learning i guess
AnswerID: 148553

Reply By: Bega Photographer - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 07:54

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 07:54
Well now, Davy,

I've got to tell you that you've got quite a few things wrong about your search engine performance.

Firstly, Google IS a natural search engine. It works quite well for others, including myself.

I've had a quick look at your website's code and seen a number of reasons why you would not do well in Google and possibly other search engines.

1) In the head section of your code, there are a lot of things back the front. The one that I think matters the most is the description.

2) You use java script. This works against high results when other things are not optimal.

3) The proportion of code, including java script code, to content, seems very high. Your page doesn't say much.

4) There's an awful lot of code in the body section before any content appears.

5) You have the page title correct in the head section but not the description. Get both of these right and repeat them as the first two pieces of code in the body section.

6) You have problems with your keywords. This is very significant.

7) When you post to ExplorOz, your keyword "Engine Saver Low Water Alarms" needs to be the anchor text for you link. Linking from the image doesn't provide your site with a backlink related to your possible search term. See my link below.

Reply post if you wish to discuss this further, and I'll private e-mail you with some sugestions.

You may find this a bit harsh. I asked myself weather to tell you what you need to know or leave you in your ignorance. I decided you were worth sticking my neck out for.

Wilderness Landscape Photography

Regards,
Laurie.
AnswerID: 148674

Follow Up By: Bega Photographer - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:31

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:31
Anyway Davy,

You tell us things that are not true! I just did a search for the search term, low water alarm Engine Saver, and you're in position 2 and 3 amongst two and a half million results. Position 1 and 2 are ExplorOz pages for your product. What more could you want?

Get your keywords sorted out and you'll be right. You need to do a keyword search in Overture Ketword Selector.

Regards,
Laurie.
FollowupID: 401869

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 15:29

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 15:29
Thank you Laurie for your detailed reply.

I will pass this on verbatim to our web site designer as most of what you said is beyond my knowledge of web site design and performance.

I will take you to task though for stretching it a little bit though about your search result.

I said search for "low water alarm", not for enginesaver.

Most people who look for a low water alarm wil search for precicely that, as they most probable have never heard of us and is the reason they are searching in the first place.

At no time have I, or will I tell you something that is not true.
I totally resent the implication.

Thank you once again for the content of your reply if not the hostile tone.

Davy
FollowupID: 401923

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 16:39

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 16:39
What hostile tone????

It was a complete, honest, open attempt to help a fellow business.

"...Reply post if you wish to discuss this further, and I'll private e-mail you with some sugestions.

You may find this a bit harsh. I asked myself weather to tell you what you need to know or leave you in your ignorance. I decided you were worth sticking my neck out for. ..."

Notwithstanding, your point about what ppl would initially search for should be taken. Most ppl initially wil not have any idea of brands, if they did they would google the brand name only, or simply ".com" or ".com.au" it.
FollowupID: 401937

Follow Up By: David from Engine Saver Low Water Alarms - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 18:19

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 18:19
Thanks again for the reply Gary.

Yes we do seem to have lost sight of my original point which was simply that a search of google couldn't find any references to trailblaza or autofridge.

I found references on other search engines easily...
The same with low water alarm.

Best Wishes
Davy

FollowupID: 401952

Follow Up By: Bega Photographer - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 18:22

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 18:22
Now Davy,

In a concilliatory tone, please let me explain.

In Google there are:

6,860,000 results for low water alarm,
600,000 for engine saver,
132 for enginesaver,
47 for low water alarm enginesaver,
2,150,000 for low water alarm engine saver.

Your site is optimized for the keyword enginesaver. Trouble is, according to Overture Keword Selector Tool, nobody, worldwide searches for enginesaver.

Last month, according to Overture, there were 69 searches for engine saver, but that term does not appear on your site, so your site will not come up for that search term.

Please note that enginesaver and engine saver are different.

To be seen in Google, you need to be in the first three pages (first 30 results).

You've got Buckley's hope of achiving that for the search term low water alarm with 6,800,000 sites compeating for the top spot. The man who can achieve that is on a salary of $200,000 with a luxury car thrown in.

There is so much more that could be concluded from my basic reserch but that will do for a 4x4 forum.

You are in the Google results for the search term, low water alarm. I've established that by narrowing the search by adding a term that I know is in your site (enginesaver). However, you could well be a million or more from the top for the search term, low water alarm.

So, you see, what you told us was incorrect. And, yes, I was a bit hostile.

What you said about Google could be seen as slandarous. You'd better hope that Google isn't hostile because they've got teeth.

I see you haven't taken onboard my advice about the ancor text for your link on ExplorOz forum. I'll set that up for you if you wish.

Regards,
Laurie.
FollowupID: 401953

Sponsored Links