ATV Riding Locations

Submitted: Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 00:20
ThreadID: 29732 Views:16991 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all.

I have just invested in 2 quads and a trail bike for my family but are now finding it hard to find somewhere tyo ride them.

I live in Waikiki (Rockinghan Area) and as far as i can tell there are no place down my way to ride, we have been up to Gnangarra Pine Plantation but there seems to be a lot of hoones there and other than Lancelin i dont know of any where else.

If any on can tell me a suitable place either north, south, east of perth to go it would be appreciated especialy by my young bloke (14) who reckons he will be retired by the time he gets to ride his new bike

Hoping someone can help

thanks to all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 00:29

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 00:29
Thje only place i know of near you is the Thomas Road off-road area. Dont know if it is still open but it is at the corner of Thomas and Rockingham roads. Head up Thomas towards the freeway, just as you crest the first rise there is a break in the island. Zip in there to a big sand open area that is an old limestone pit. Lots of room in that area, but be real carefull of all the other bikes there. Some of them really hoon along.

rick,

meow.
AnswerID: 148844

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin H (WA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 13:14

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 13:14
Thanks Meow, i have had a look there but its full of hoons so if i get real desperate i will take to quads etc there.

Kevin
FollowupID: 402077

Reply By: equinox-Kings Canyon - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 00:57

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 00:57
Check with the Dept of Local Government - they produce a pamphlet on the issue.
It is the Local Government Councils who have the final say on it.

Regards

Equinox
AnswerID: 148847

Reply By: Capt. Wrongway - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:31

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:31
G'Day Kevin,
I to am also into quads & dirt squirts for myself and family members. I agree that it is hard these days to find places to ride. I have the same problem over here in NSW although I'm lucky to have friends with large acreages in the Southern Highlands. Can I suggest that you try atvwa.com. They might be able to give you some ideas.
Regards,
Capt.
AnswerID: 148855

Reply By: Member - t0me (WA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:17

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:17
Half your luck mate, sounds like a stack of fun :-)

I've seen bikes and quads having a ball out near Binningup Beach. Its a really good campsite too (FREE!!!!!) and the nearest freebie one south of perth on the coast. Halfway between Bunbury and Mandurah I reackon. Its marked on most maps. Turn at the service station (conveniently at the end of the road to the campsite).
There's good beach access and lots of tracks that are pretty much only suitable for quads.
I don't know for sure if its all kosher with Mr Plod but I've seen ppl up there on quads and bikes when we've been there.
There's also a club I think somewhere near Kwinana for bikes, not sure if they are happy with quads too or not.
Good hunting, and please post what you find.
One of these days I'll find a way to justify to SWMBO getting a couple of quads.
AnswerID: 148887

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin H (WA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 16:32

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 16:32
Thanks for letting me know about Binningup Beach, i will go down and have a look at it next time i get home from work.

When we went up to Gnangarra we had lots of fun and we are keen to do it again, the main problem with there besides the hoons is that it is b****Y hot and to far to go from a swim to cool down.

The 2 quads and the trail bike cost us $5000 plus helments etc.

Im sure if you put a good case and how much fun it can be for everyone and you will talk SWMBO.

Email me if you would like to know more about the quads and bike we bought.

Kevin
FollowupID: 402113

Reply By: Member - briggzee (WA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 14:28

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 14:28
Just got back from a weekend at Myalup. The people we went with had quad bikes and go there regularly. It is a great area for bike riding on the beach to the north and the south with a small exclusion zone in the middle. Possible to ride from Myalup down to Binningup and north to Preston. It was great fun and if done responsibly is low impact and relativley safe. Hope you have plenty of great family time. Cheers, Craig
AnswerID: 148927

Follow Up By: Member - Kevin H (WA) - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 16:35

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 16:35
Thanks for that Craig, i was thinking about Mylap but was not sure.
Is there somewhere to leave the 4x4 and trailer that is safe while out riding ???

Kevin
FollowupID: 402115

Follow Up By: Member - briggzee (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:39

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:39
Kevin, there is a standard carpark, toilets etc at the beach. Dont know how safe but it looked ok to me, nobody hanging around, also a fair few people coming and going to the beach, i,e, not isolated. You could also unhook and lock the trailer and drive the 4x4 onto the beach and use as a base. There is also a caravan park nearby if you want an overnight stay. You can ride through the back of the park directly to the beach and leave vehicles back at camp. Hope this helps, Craig
FollowupID: 402275

Reply By: Exploder - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 19:52

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 19:52
Up in the Hills (Mundaring), South of Perth, North Dandalup/ Jarrahdale Arias, a lot of wide Gravel and bush tracks down that way don’t know how “Legal” it all is but we have had bikes down there a few times with know problems.

And plenty of bush to hide the car in too.
AnswerID: 148997

Sponsored Links