Duncan Road WA

Submitted: Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 22:47
ThreadID: 29937 Views:2862 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone been on Duncan Road from Halls creek to the WA, NT Border Check point recently if so how were the road conditions . I am thinking of going that way in May rather than go on the sealed highway from Halls Creek to Kununurra.
200 Series V8 Diesel
Thanks for the Rest Flying West and Flying Very Low along the track not coming back. The Crow

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bombsquad - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:52

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:52
We did it 2 years ago and had a great time. We took 3 days (last day to get from Marella gorge to KNX via Halls Creek. Marella gorge is great, with camping by a billabong, with a bit of a walk to the gorge itself. Ring Nicholson station before you go, they were very helpful and permission was not a problem. We also camped by the Negri River, which was quite nice but unfortunately others before us had left the campsite in a pretty ordinary state.

We didn't do much exploring, just a quick get away and relax....as much as possible with a 9 month old. There are plenty of tracks and abandoned homesteads along the way. I cant remember how far it actualy was, but we only drove a few hours each morning, so at a guess it is about 450km. May should be a good time of yea to do it, hopefully still a bit of flow in the rivers but not enough to close the road. I think there may even be a book about the road somewhere......

Hope this helps

Andrew
AnswerID: 149982

Sponsored Links