Pathfinder club

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 00:05
ThreadID: 29939 Views:1705 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know when the Pathfinder Club of Aust will have its web site up and running again?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: itsdave - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:37

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:37
Frustating is'nt it. Been waiting for weeks for it too. Makes you wonder about the organisational side on the club when it is taking so long

Dave
AnswerID: 149960

Follow Up By: chook47 - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:59

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:59
I'm interested in buying a new 1 and keen to get as much info as possible. Do you own one? If so what are your thoughts. I'm looking at the 2.5L TD.
FollowupID: 403325

Reply By: Moggs - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:13

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:13
They are currently working through some issues with their service provider. As many of the Committee are away due to the school holidays it has taken some time to get appropriate people onto it.

Don't be too harsh on them or judgemental, they are a small club that is not very active with trips. They provide the forum for the use of all - not just members. It irks me a bit when people get a bit cranky when it is not available - remember its free, not a paid for service.

BTW, I was the one of two founding members, Secretary and Treasurer of the PCoA before I moved to Melbourne - they are a good bunch - so just keep checking the site. I am sure they will be more than willing to help you out with any questions - even if some are a bit critical!
AnswerID: 149985

Reply By: hoyks - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 12:52

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 12:52
Being a small, but national club, the forum is how we club members hold most of out meetings and let each other know what is going on/happened. It is also provided as a free service to non-club members to provide vehicle specific information, make people aware of the clubs existence and to encourage them to join.
The club is organised and the committee has endeavoured to keep people informed on a number of other forums as to the situation with the site, but as most aren’t IT Gurus, there was nothing we could do to fix it. We have 1 club member that looks after the IT side, for nothing, as well as working a proper job and having to commute an hour+ each day to work.
I hardly expect him to cut short a holiday to come running home to fix a problem with the forum. It's hardly something that can be done from an internet cafe too.

From what I understand, someone (maliciously??) altered the code and as a result the forum crashed.
It is being corrected as we speak.
AnswerID: 149996

Follow Up By: chook47 - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:05

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 14:05
Thanks for the word. Just keen to to hear about the new pathfinder as i am keen on buying one.
FollowupID: 403350

Reply By: johannagoanna - Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 19:18

Saturday, Jan 21, 2006 at 19:18
There are quite a few of us over on the Australia4WD forum, why don't you ask about the new Pathy's over there, someone might be able to help you! I only have a 01 so not much help really - though I love my Pathy - Jo
AnswerID: 150040

Sponsored Links