Pro Comp

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 at 21:45
ThreadID: 30204 Views:1793 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Having waded through a search, still need to ask the question...
Has anyone used Pro Comp All Terrains. Opinions please?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pattio - Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 at 22:31

Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 at 22:31
Hi Twinkles,
I have been running a set on my GU. I bought them 2nd hand with 400km on them. They are the set used in the 4x4 Mounthly AT tyre test from a couple or so years ago. 4 used, 5th brand new. They had been flogged in that 400km. I bought a 6th one and have rotated them in pairs. Have 60,000km on them with some life still left.They have worked well on fire trails, really nice for sand driving ( which is most of our offroad driving-Stockton sandunes) handled snow and icy conditions around Barrington Tops with ease.Have not used them for rock crawling or in Central Aus. so can not comment on these conditions, but for the general on and offroad work I have used them for I am very happy with them. Would buy again. Now they are getting a bit long in the tooth they make life a bit interesting in the wet. Perhaps the only downside. They balance up without masses of weight and track well. They work for me.
Regards
Chris
AnswerID: 151543

Reply By: 100TD - Sunday, Jan 29, 2006 at 21:03

Sunday, Jan 29, 2006 at 21:03
i run a set of mud terrains full time and find them terrific.32000ks sofar and guess they will still do another 40 to 50 yet.very happy with tere performance and i believe the a/ts are as good.Paul
AnswerID: 151663

Reply By: Gerhardp1 - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 00:38

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 00:38
A friend has them on his 98 Rodeo V6 and they are excellent on road (on the way to the High Country) and excellent on all tracks like Billy Goats, Blue Rag, Mayford Spur.

He doesn't know about mileage as they are only bolted on when we go bush.

The dealer in Narre Warren was also excellent to deal with.
AnswerID: 151696

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 07:59

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 07:59
Hi twinkles...

I am on my second set of Pro Comp muddies, I love 'em! They are a great tyre!!

Only thing is not too many people stock 'em and I had all sorts of drama's getting a single one to replace one I staked last November. It occurred to me that if we were doing an outback trip and had the misfortune to stake all the spares and needed to buy a new one from ..... say Birdsville or Innaminka, the freight to get one there would be more than the tyre....... or at least damn expensive!

So with that in mind I have decided that my next set will have to be a more common brand of tyre. Then hopefully spares might be more readily available, or at least easily and more reasonably freighted.

AnswerID: 151704

Reply By: AndrewW - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 09:50

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 09:50
Hi,

I have 31x10.5x15 Procomp ATs on my Hilux.

Have done a run up to Fraser Island from Melbourne, and a couple of easy trips to the High Country, and the Border Track on the SA/VIC border. They were excellent on the sand at Fraser, and seemed very good on the rocky stuff. Mud or slippery stuff they weren't so good, which is not surprising. I have 2 sets of tyres, run the MTRs mainly for offroading, so the ATs don't get a real run unless I am lazy. No punctures on either set of tyres.

On road I am very happy with the performance. The are wearing exceptionally well. Since I have the two sets of tyres, it is impossible to know how far I have travelled, but I estimate 30 - 35,000 km, and they are wearing very well, the rear tyres almost look new. I see no reason why they won't last to 80,000km or more. They also grip the road very well in both wet and dry conditions.

I will definately be buying then again, if I ever wear these ones out. I got a great deal, 5 for the price of 4 from Procomp 4x4 in Narre Warren Victoria. Not sure if the deal still stands as they are over a year old now.

Andrew
AnswerID: 151721

Reply By: Twinkles - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 18:49

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 18:49
Thanks everyone for the response. I'll probably put them on my Hilux and my camper trailer including spares.
AnswerID: 151878

Sponsored Links