New water tank on C/T

Submitted: Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:23
ThreadID: 30236 Views:2225 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

I have just installed a water tank on my CT and was wondering what would be the best way to give it and the hoses a good clean out before using it proper.
Someone told me to fill it up and put in a handfull of bicarb soda and take the trailer for a run.
Would this work or are ther some other ideas.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Howard.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Redback - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:07

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:07
Only thing that takes the plastic taste from the plastic water tanks is a water filter, i tried all of the old wives tales and purifiers and additives and the water filter the only thing that worked for me.

I got this dual filter unit from a home filter place and had it at my old house, when we move i took it with me, but never got around to installing it in the new house, so i put it in the camper, gotta say the best thing ever, and the water tastes great.

Baz.
AnswerID: 151752

Follow Up By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:23

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:23
G'day Baz, have you got a 12volt pump before or after the filter. i was thinking along the same lines for my camper.

It's a S/S tank and at the moment filled with rain water, but on our longer travels the water is always a bit questionable, so a filter would be the go. Or for that matter a filter on the filler hose.
FollowupID: 405353

Follow Up By: Redback - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:59

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:59
I have it after the pump, the water now flows on a bit after you turn the pump off, which is the only down side.

Having a tap that turns the pump on and off would probably solve this, but i have the pump serving the shower too, so i had no choice with, putting it before the pump could stop the flow on.

Baz.
FollowupID: 405359

Reply By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:26

Monday, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:26
G'day Howard T, a place like Lloyds Caravan have a tank cleaner that they use in C/van tanks, and is suposed to be ok.
AnswerID: 151760

Sponsored Links