Western QBE

Submitted: Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 13:50
ThreadID: 30479 Views:2452 Replies:8 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Would like to hear if anybody has actually made a claim through these guys. How was their service and ease of dealings?

They have offered a good market value for the Troopy and we only have to prove the mods and accessories if we really bang things up (write it off).

So yes it's their loss if it's a write off, but they did say this only happens 1% of the time so they cop the risk. Also they have said the mods etc are replaced not just depreciated and paid out.

They have come up the best with our shopping around. So now it's down to any feedback.

The next best were AAMI, only $70 dearer (& not as good in the broken windscreens dept). The recent positive post on them has us thinking it might be worth the extra $70.
Cheers
John

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Skarm - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 15:39

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 15:39
John

Have been a member of Western QBE for about 8 years had a claim through them with previous car (wife backed into carport door with door only half up) had no problems down to panel beater. Also while in Broome last year on holidays some kind person through a rock into the side of my new pathfinder and once again had no problems dealing with them. Have not had to make a major claim yet i.e. replace vehicle after write off. We also have our house insurance with them and have no problems when we have to make a claim.

Would recomend them.

Steve
AnswerID: 153360

Reply By: Baldrick - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 16:46

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 16:46
I have been with them for many years, and always found the service excellent.

Had to make a claim last year when my wife left the handbrake off her car, which rolled down the drive into a tree. Damage was substantial, undoubtedly more than the car was worth (old Volvo), so they would have been well within their rights to write it off. I explained to the assessor that it was worth much more to us on the road and he bent over backwards to push the claim through and get it fixed.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
AnswerID: 153377

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 16:56

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 16:56
So if we got rid of our wifes we would not need insurance.

All the best
Eric
FollowupID: 407309

Follow Up By: Member No 1- Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 17:05

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 17:05
Eric, if your swmbo see your reply all you'll need is life ...motor vehicle policy will be irrelevant
FollowupID: 407313

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:29

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:29
And a crash helmet.

All the best
Eric
FollowupID: 407457

Reply By: udm - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 17:48

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 17:48
I had a $20k bike insured with them, one day I see the bike on the ground and a stupid lady that had just run over it, the bike got repaired right away, no questions asked.

PS, I dont have the cruiser with them though (aami), but not for long.

Ulises
AnswerID: 153388

Follow Up By: Gajm (VIC) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 20:44

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 20:44
Don't you just love that...I once had my bike knocked over while parked, in the city. Whoever did it simply picked it back up and left. I only knew when I took off and tried to stop, the front brake lever was broken off!
FollowupID: 407370

Reply By: MATT.D(WA) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 19:45

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 19:45
Same as all above have had no problems making any claims with QBE. Have all my insurances with them and the service is great.

Cheers Matt.
AnswerID: 153425

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 20:08

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 20:08
Ozdyssey,
I was with QBE when I got cleaned up in my old Rocky... They were great with add-on's and offered a good premium... When I had my little crash, they were quick to get the ball rolling and good with letting me know where we were at. The panel shop contacted me to tell me it would be a write off as the chassis rails were bent. With a market value of $10.5k and repairs at $8.5k I started to look around for my new toy... 2 days later QBE called to tell me repairs had started... I was shocked and questioned them about the market value v repair cost. They didn't have a clear answer but assured me all would be OK... I fought with them for 2 years trying to get the car to run right. They ended up replacing the front diff, springs, shocks and having it pulled down again to have the visually bent chassis straightened for the second time. In the end they paid out more than the car was worth and I still don't understand why...
AnswerID: 153430

Reply By: Trekkie (Member - WA) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 23:34

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 23:34
All looks good for them so far
I have been with them for about 3 years since the took over Zurichs domestic business. House Contents 2 Cars Camper and M/Cycle.
Contents claim when a mirror fell off the wall and broke SHMBO stuff. Car claim when SHMBO reversed into neighbours car and recently I was tail ended on my MCycle. Their claims is brilliant - cannot fault them - They could actually destroy the urban myth about Insurance companies
AnswerID: 153510

Reply By: BenSpoon - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 22:31

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 22:31
"They have offered a good market value for the Troopy"
Beware.... read you policy booklet and look at what constitutes a market value. I have NEVER come across anyone that has been happy with a total loss (write off) payment on a market value policy. Stick with agreed value- you know you can actually afford a replacement car that way.
Always list mods and accessories over $750 individual value- even if they dont want the info. It WILL save you headaches further down the track
AnswerID: 153739

Reply By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 23:00

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 23:00
Thks all for the replys
Gone with Western QBE. $517 with all the mods etc listed.

Agreed value quotes were getting up around the $1000 mark.

Take my chances re market value with a complete write off, touch wood.
Cheers
John

AnswerID: 153750

Sponsored Links