BA Falcon wagon

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 21:34
ThreadID: 30536 Views:5327 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have towed a 200kg ball wt van to darwin with an ED falcon BUT my new BA wagon seems soft in the rear leaf spring end. Any thoughts? Trade opinions vary from extra leafs, air bags, other half spring helpers etc but I want to hear from someone who has done an NT or WA trip & any suggestion? Have hayman reese 2300 KG hitch & bars. Have read about rear spring sag & mine is 15mm lower on the RHS & car has done 42000km; Oh & diff is about to be replaced. Otherwise I love the car
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Exploder - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 21:59

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 21:59
Yeah the diffs are not as strong as they used to be, the E-series falcons had the last of the true Tuff ford diffs.

I would probably go down the helper spring road or a Add a leaf, whatever you do be sure it’s not going to affect the warranty.
AnswerID: 153730

Reply By: Billowaggi - Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 00:17

Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 00:17
Hi Ron I think that you can still get air ajutable shocks, try Monroe or Gabriel they will be OK so long as you only use the minimum air pressure to level the rig.
Regards Ken.
AnswerID: 153759

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:13

Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:13
Ok, my wife's work use BA Wagons as company cars, one of her collegues put a Hayman Reece on his and towed his brand new Coromal big ass van (not sure of the size but it was a flash one with a shower and washing machine etc)(don't know much about vans) to broome and back with no problems. He was looking at extra leafs and air bags too but ended up using it stock with those Hayman weight stabalizers and reckoned it went great. Mind you I never saw it hooked up and I am sceptical as to how level it would have been as my missus sags with just her stock full and 4 adults in it, but hey he did it.

On another side not a little off topic and sorry to bag your vehicle (maybe my missus it just a lemon) but I HATE that car. I honestly do. I actually prefer to drive my mums 3cylinder 800cc Daihatsu Move over the BA and thats dinkem!!
Does yours have starting problems? We've had this one since new, it's done only 45,000k's in 3 years being a fleet car it's been serviced on the dot since new and probally every 10-15 starts it won't go. It'll take like 10-12 turns of the starter motor and then runs as rough as guts for anything from 10 seconds to 5 minutes!
It also blows oil (blue) smoke on startup but I think that's due to the knob ends at ford overfilling the oil constantly at service. God they are a rough bunch of hoolagons... But the thing that really peeves me about the BA is the rediculously (well IMO) shapped windscreen. I crack my bloody head on the A Piller every time I get in or out (I'm 6'3") and can't see anything but the sun visor (even with the seat fully down as low as it can go) unless I slouch in the chair, I get such a sore back driving it. Plus the sun reflects like ALL buggery off the winscreen and the only thing you can see is the reflection of the dash! Plus the terrible blind spots all over the car and those pathetic excuses for wing mirrors, holey moley.

I'M SORRY for straying, my missus get's mad at me when I bag her car, so I had to vent!! LOL.
AnswerID: 153820

Sponsored Links