New Yokohama H/T-S Anyone using them???

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:00
ThreadID: 30761 Views:2633 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has/is using the new Yokohama Geolander H/T-S tyres ( I've checked the archives). I'm interested because according to the blurb their just what I want. I have an 80 Series Cruiser and we tow a camper these days and I must admit that most of our serious off road work is behind us. We generally stick to well made sealed/ unsealed roads and long distance touring is the name of the game now. That said the Cruiser is really only used ocassionaly and clocks up less than 5000kms a year unless we're travelling. According to Yoko these new tyres were released late in 2005 and are suposed to give "car like handling (ha ha), superior comfort and long mileage". Oh and at the moment the price is right $230 Fit & Bal for 275/70/16. Anyone know of a better tyre for the price? PLEASE NOTE: I know there are a lot of different brands and a LOT of different opinions but I'm really after thoughts on THIS particular tyre not any other Yoko or a genuine equal value tyre for the money. Thanks for any help you can give. Stuart.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: crfan - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:45

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:45
I was going to give you My History and KMs per k out of the tyres I hve owened but the brand you wan't to know aqbout I have no Idea so I hope someone does
AnswerID: 154835

Reply By: Rock Crawler - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:19

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:19
was chatting to someone who was using them , and wasn't happy with them at all.

I don't want to bag them , because it's second hand information, and not from my personal experience.

Before you spend bucks , do some research on MTR's there the rave at the min
AnswerID: 154844

Follow Up By: Exploder - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 16:33

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 16:33
Yes but on a 4WD that only sees, sealed and good dirt roads and maybe the odd bit of 4Wding “most of our serious off road work is behind us” it’s IMO that the MTR would be Overkill and a wast on a vehicle that isn’t going to need or use them.

Perhaps look at the Cooper ATR which is still a A/T tyre but has almost a H/T tread pattern and you can get them in a LT construction (Not sure how many manufactures make a H/T tyre with a LT option) so you have got a bit more durability for ruff gravel and still the ability to deal with the odd bit of 4Wding if it should arise.

FollowupID: 408912

Reply By: Big Show - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:47

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:47
Stuart,
I have them on a 120 Prado, got them for trip to the Centre and across the Plenty and still have them.
For the price they have been very good, quite, wearing very well and no punctures (approx 35,00 klm).

So as I said for the price nothing wrong with them.

Rgds

Peter
AnswerID: 155136

Sponsored Links