fish smokers

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 16:09
ThreadID: 30837 Views:1937 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
gday ppl

i am getting a new flash as fish smoker next week my mates gunna knock one up for me !

has anyone got any 'secrets' they would like to share e.g what wood smokes better for fish /chicken/beef ect and any good smoke marinades !!!!!!!!!

cheers to the lot of ya !!!!!!!!!

p.s i still aint named the boat lol !!!!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Muzzgit (WA) - Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:48

Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:48
Mate, if your getting one made, do yourself a favour and get it made slightly bigger than normal. Then you can chuck a heap of heat beads in it and use it for small roasts when you're camping.

I have a fish smoker which I don't use anymore cos the smell of it when I'm cleaning it gives me the chits. We have bought a baby weber and used it 3 times on the last trip we did with great results. My mate who made his own smoker, and made it fairly large, took out some of the racks and cooked food in it with some heat beads and he's rap't that it now has a dual use.

As for the smoker bit, keep a small wire brush handy for cleaning the racks.
Flavours are a personal thing, try as many as you can, but remember..... not all fish are good smoked, so try the same wood on several different fish species and write your findings on the packet the wood shavings are kept in. I can't list many fish either way accept to say herring are possibly the best thing I've eaten when smoked.

err, the herring that is. te he

Cheers,

Muzz
AnswerID: 155485

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 17:29

Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 17:29
I found them too hard to light personally. And the tally ho's got wet

YMMV
AnswerID: 155602

Sponsored Links