Rear seats in a troopy, forward facing x 5

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 26, 2003 at 22:00
ThreadID: 3101 Views:1994 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a troopy and would like to fit five forward facing seats in the back and get rid of the side facing seats. Do any of you lot know of a seat manufacturer who could supply a three seater with seatbelts fitted to the seat so that all I would have to do is bolt them in? I would also like to fit two single seats as well fitting the same discription. Preferably I would like the seats all to be individually reclinable ie: if one person on the three seater wanted to have a sleep they could do so without disturbing the rest. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know that it has been don but tracking down the manufacturers is the problem.

Regards John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Monday, Jan 27, 2003 at 19:57

Monday, Jan 27, 2003 at 19:57
John check in the local motoring organisation RACV, NRMA, RACQ etc. monthly magazines, as they have adverts in them for people who supply seats and engineering certificates for them.
AnswerID: 11947

Reply By: andy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:55

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:55
Talk to Jaimesons in Footscray area of Melbourne. They did a conversion to one of my troopies. It came with seatbelts, folded up flat against the back of the front seats and reclined (not individually). You will need an engineers certificate and have to change the seating capacity with the states roads department (Vic roads in victoria). You will also need to have the modification noted in your insurance policy as it may make the policy null and void in the instance of a claim if not approved. For single recliners then you should get aftermarket buckets (or car buckets) installed. Pajero "captains chairs" are cheap from Mitsubishi wreckers. These seats are really comfy. You will need an engineers cert with these too. Andy
AnswerID: 11989

Reply By: JohnH - Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003 at 21:29

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003 at 21:29
Thanks fellas for your replies, I will attempt to contact the in the near future and see how I go from there.

Regards John.
AnswerID: 12026

Sponsored Links