POINTPLACE waypoints

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:24
ThreadID: 31282 Views:1377 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
There are 62360 waypoints loaded into Pointplace sorted into many interesting categories - but how do we access them?

I'm familar with downloading plot files of the tracks - and they often contain waypoints with them.

But how do I go about downloading the waypoints in pointplace. For instance - how can I download all of the "airstip" waypoints?

Jeff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:04

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:04
Gee you are quick - I only added the additional 50,000 points last night. I have about another 50,000 to add, being worked on in our office at the moment. The new system is called Places and it will closely intergrate with PointPlace waypoints and you will be able to download/upload places - either with pics and descriptions or not. This is new development that I am currently working on.

I expect to have the search & show places (output results online) working this week. The downloading stuff will be after that. We are also going to have a places upload feature to get you guys to try to help pic and descibe all places in the system. We have done a few thousand but need help with the thousands and thousands of others. It all takes time but it is happening.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 157799

Follow Up By: Member- Rox (WA) - Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:52

Thursday, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:52
Well that is good feed back David, least you know that people are searching the whole site.
FollowupID: 412328

Sponsored Links