how do you regulate dual fuel stoves-coleman

Submitted: Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:19
ThreadID: 31363 Views:1450 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
checked archives but nothing on how you regulate 3 burner coleman duel fuel stoves. stupid question but doesnt appear to be any nobs like on gas stoves-so how do you light each one and turn them on/off?? or have on low while others flat chat
also on 3 burner if you use bbq plate to cover the middle and one outer burner is the 3rd outside burner powerful enough to boil water??
thanks for any help
hopefully finally getting round to buying one at last
cheers
fozzy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: VK3CAT - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:45

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:45
Hi Fozzy.
I have had a large 2 burner stove for many years & have nothing but praise for it. Also use a single mantle light & also a single burner (stove thing) all units have many common parts so carrying spare parts is kept to a minimum.
Having a single 10 litre container for all 3 appliances beats the hell of separate gas bottles & you only pay to top up the fuel container, unlike a gas bottle refill where you get charged for a full refill regardless of how much is in the bottle (well thats what happens over my way!)
Anyway, to your question, the fuel / gas regulation is done by the main control valve that is located on the main tube (called a power ??) from the fuel container. This controls all output to the main & auxillary burners. You turn on and light the auxillary burners once the main burner is alight. The main burner must be kept alight whilst using the auxillary burner(s). The output of the main burner will drop once auxillary burners are in use & it may be required to pump um the tank pressure a bit. The main burner is always the hottest one.
To light the main burner, first have the tank pumped up, turn the little brass starting lever up (must alter the fuel / air ratio or similar) then put a match to the main burner. This will light with a red flame until the fuel comming through the main tube is heated & vaporiized and a normal bule colour flame is produced. At this stage, the starting lever is put back to the down position.

Hope that this is of some help.
Cheers Tony.
AnswerID: 158310

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:00

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:00
Is it possible to obtain a _REALLY_ low flame on these stoves?
I mean so low that you could hold your hand 3 or 4 inches above it for 10 seconds?

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 412708

Follow Up By: Member - Omaroo (NSW) - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:09

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:09
Yes - as long as it's a still evening. Wind is the enemy - especially on the outboard burners.
FollowupID: 412712

Follow Up By: fozzy - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:19

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:19
tony
thanks for that
could i assume that on 3 burner you need all 3 alight and on 2 burner both alight to use .
cheers
fozzy
FollowupID: 412719

Follow Up By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 14:01

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 14:01
Nope, you can just run the main burner alone. There is a valve on the end for the side burner. We have a two burner Coleman and love it.

Pete
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 412765

Sponsored Links