Camping around Robe SA?

Submitted: Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:58
ThreadID: 31466 Views:13684 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all, I'm planning to head down to Robe over the Adelaide Cup Long weekend and was wonderinf there are any "bush ' camping places around Robe. I'm not real keen on a Caravan Park and the beach camping is OK if I have to so advice on either Beach or bush camping sites around Robe would be appreciated. As wel as current beach conditions. Cheers all.

P.S I've gone through the archives and theres some good stuff inthere, just after some more up to date views and feedback cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: waynejethro - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:42

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:42
Hey Bloke, was there at xmas 2 months ogo. Bloody windy place. am told it should be better around this time. Some camping on the tip road just out of robe.plenty of camp areas (casual) behind the dunes. lots of people do camp there but not sure of the rules. There is a national parks offive in robe who may have some more info, also the robe vistors centre had a "off road" pack that was made avaible when i got there. if you ask for it by name they most probably send it to you. There a number of designated camp areas along the beach areas (behind the dunes) that are very good. Didn'ttake much notice at the time for we didn't camp at all. You can camp anywhere on the beach but will most likely be to windy. Dosn't even let up at night. We did the full length from Robe to Beachport and encounted 2 blockages. One at the southern end of hte beach at Nora Cierna, the other near the Milecent buggy club. Had to come off the beach to the well made road behind the dunes, then enter back in through the buggy club ( really cool place) then followed all theway to beachport. Some tuff sections, heaps of fun. let your tyres right down, travel in group and most of all don't get wet. Wayne

AnswerID: 158866

Follow Up By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 13:21

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 13:21
Cheers waynejethro.. have gotten in touch with Robe visitor Info and "offroad" pack is enroute.. Only prob is we have three dogs between us so camping inthe CP is out of the question. .hopefully soemone can give advice where we might camp with dogs in the area. (geez it's frustrating not being alowed to take mans best friend into NP)
FollowupID: 413388

Sponsored Links