bushranger power packs

Submitted: Friday, Jan 31, 2003 at 21:51
ThreadID: 3184 Views:3763 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day. Bushranger maxi 4000. Has anyone had any experience with them; are they a genuine alternative to a duel battery system. I would only require it to run fridge basically .Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Des - Saturday, Feb 01, 2003 at 10:26

Saturday, Feb 01, 2003 at 10:26
I'd like to know too Chad. Also about their competitors like the Waeco ones: http://www.waeco.com.au/raps.html

AnswerID: 12332

Reply By: Member - Richard- Saturday, Feb 08, 2003 at 21:19

Saturday, Feb 08, 2003 at 21:19
I have a Bushranger Power tank, (the smaller one not the maxi). I do not have a dual battery system so I take one along for running the fridge overnight and for lights. It works OK. I tested it before I went out on the road with it and found it ran my 32lt Engel on average cooling in an insulation bag for 48 hours before it died. I drive a Frontera and when I enquired about dual battery systems I seem to get the answer that the only size of the battery that will under the bonnet is not much bigger than a power tank battery. At this stage I could not justify spending the $700 on a dual battery system so elected for now to use the Power Tank. Hope this helps.
(PS I lent my fridge and power tank to my son-in-law one week end. He accidently broke the plug on the lead to the Engle. Cost $36 to replace!!!)
AnswerID: 12711

Sponsored Links