Folfing Boat Trailors & Outborad motor holders

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:40
ThreadID: 3238 Views:3426 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Im just after some info on where to get Folding boat trailors and outboard motor holders from. Also some feedback on how the outboard travels in these holders in outback conditions.
I have searched the web but found nothing on either of these products.
Any Info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:27

Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:27
Search this sites archives. This was talked about 2 months ago. Large thread

SEARCH HERE!
AnswerID: 12537

Reply By: Nick - Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 16:18

Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 16:18
Little Bulldog Trailers in Perth do a well known folding trailer and now also a (cheaper and slightly lighter) version which dismantles into several parts, called a Little Bull Terrier. Both can be road registered if required. As far as I know they don't have a website but if you search on the name you will find one or two other stockists with some details. Or call them (see WA yellow pages) they are very helpful. I have a LB Terrier version which cost about $1100 with rego and weighs about 56kg. These trailers are well made, galvanised with stainless steel fasteners and include a winch.

I currently carry my motor (20hp) on a bracket across my camper trailer drawbar. I have previously carried a small (5 hp) on an adapter I made to fit my rear spare wheel carrier. It went OK including on a fairly corrugated track, but I did not travel extensively off road with it.
AnswerID: 12556

Reply By: Meggs - Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 17:29

Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 17:29
As far as I know there is only one supplier making a totally foldup trailer Little Bulldog. There are many making dismantling trailers, I know of one making an aluminium trailer which weighs 37kg. The dismantling and folding trailers weigh around 60 to 70 kg.
I you are handy with a welder it is pretty simple to build one after you have seen one of the dismantling ones. It is a lot cheaper than buying one. The Little Bulldogs seem to be magnets for the lower form of our society (thieves).
AnswerID: 12560

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 19:27

Wednesday, Feb 05, 2003 at 19:27
Using the 4WD Search engine at the bottom of the forum index page and selecting Trailers and folding will render a business called Real Ezy Folding boat trailers. The direct URL to the results is Folding Trailers. I have heard nothing but good reports from these guys and hey they advertise on ExplorOz unlike the other business mentioned. If you contact the other business them tell them to get listed as their business is being talked about in this forum (it is free after all).

Hope this helps
David
AnswerID: 12570

Sponsored Links