Viking Swags

Submitted: Monday, Apr 03, 2006 at 22:03
ThreadID: 32496 Views:7073 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
www.vikingswags.com

I know their site reads like an info-mercial but has anyone here used their swag?
I am in the market for one and I was pointed to this site, can't remember where I got the link from. They sound impressive and the price isn't too bad...

I am sorry if this has been done before but when i searched for Viking Swags in the forum search i kept getting "a viking in the desert's" posts, a prolific writer it seems.... and searching for swags alone yielded 622 posts.....
I wonder David if you could set up a "search within results" type thing like google...
so a search could be done for Swags and a 2nd search for Viking could be done on those results....

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:02

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:02
Wayne ,
Your right , the site looks really shonky . I would not buy anything from a site like that .
AnswerID: 164686

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:33

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:33
Thanks Willie,
I was thinking if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.......

Oh and......
If you have a bustle in your hedgerow that you just can't scratch .
You should get a spring clean from the May Queen..........
FollowupID: 419590

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:22

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:22
Wayne ,
Do they have "Attach Buggered Pootrols Here " stickers too ?
Rang May Queen , said she was busy - would ring me back . Never did . I rang her again and she said she is fully booked till Christmas .
Willie .
FollowupID: 419665

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:09

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:09
Willie,
POOTROL STICKERS?????
never had a use for them, not economically viable to make stickers that will just sit there gathering dust LOL
FollowupID: 419814

Reply By: mcgra (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:06

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:06
sounds ok to me

read thru it all sounds like a aussie bloke working from home and sick of being screwed by the retailers.

give them a call and speak to them did a search as well came up with this

Viking Swags
Camping retailer in Brisbane CBD.
Address: 196 Margaret St, Brisbane, QLD, 4001
Tel: 1300 788 405

has his details on other links all over the place. i doubt he is dodgy

gra
AnswerID: 164776

Reply By: bmwrider - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:27

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:27
I did an extensive search of all sorts of swags before I bought one. I was looking for a double swag. I ended up buying one from Viking over the internet. I thought I had a problem when it didn't turn up as expected. I contacted the guy. He chased it up, sent me another one, and then chased up the Post Office himself. He was prepared to carry the cost himself to make sure I got my swag. He was really good to deal with. The swag is everything that he advertised. Could not be happier. We could do with a few more fair dinkum blokes like this one.

Regards

Garry
AnswerID: 164782

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:01

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:01
thanks bmrider,
first hand experience is what i was after
Well his gear looks the goods, if only he didn't use the format he's used for his site.
It really looks shonky.....obviously he's not, from your experience...he might be worth a call then.

If you look at the testimonials, Greg Purcell of Alice Springs bought his first swag 42 years ago on one page and on the "pictures" page he bought his first swag 30 years ago. A typo i guess but the degree of professionalism also affects one's judgement.

Thanks to all for your input.......
FollowupID: 419827

Reply By: bucky - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:59

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:59
Try this site ,,, had one of these swags for 4-5 years now and used a lot ,, Tough and well made, and can handle any weather

Site Link

If you are an older pri_k like me, you can go to Clarke Rubber and get 1 sheet of their sky blue waterproof foam, it should fit snugly under the Swag and give you the extra comfort, and warmth us " grey members " require, as well as the best ground sheet you will ever need

Cheers Mate
Bucky
AnswerID: 164912

Sponsored Links