cetane rating

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 14:59
ThreadID: 32516 Views:1888 Replies:7 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Moreys diesel fuel additive claims to incease the cetane rating of diesel and therefore improves power and fuel consumption. Has any body used this and can verify their claims?

Regards,
Paul.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:01

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:01
Have been using Moreys for a few years.

Good claim isn't it!

Is it true, be blowed if I know.

I think fuel quality makes more difference.

If I am in the right mood, and try hard, I think I can feel a difference.
Use it more for the antibacteria agent really.
AnswerID: 164750

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:10

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:10
I've been using it in my twin diesel engined boat, but heck I couldn't tell you if it works, I am simply a sucker for fuel addtitives..? I love the concept of tipping something into the tank and believing it will make things better. I couldn't prove or disprove Morey's claims..? I do buy it though..
AnswerID: 164754

Reply By: Member - Ed. C.- Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:22

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 15:22
I use it, but mainly for the claimed "biocidal properties".. hopefully this will deter any "bugs" which may decide to take up residence in the tank...

Does it work??? No idea really, but I've had no issues with filter clogging to date, so I guess I'll keep puttin' it in there occasionally...

I also use Chemtech "Diesel Power" for the same reason... (not at the same time, of course!!).....
Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 164757

Reply By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 16:57

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 16:57
I do know Chemtec works and you must add each time you fill, where FITCH works and you fit and forget and reap the benifits and I can verify it WORKS.

BILLS
AnswerID: 164774

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:47

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:47
a very speculative Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm & a raised eyebrow....
FollowupID: 419691

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:48

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:48
in reference to Fitch that is ... Chemtech works.. but not as good as is claimed..
FollowupID: 419694

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 18:04

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 18:04
AHH yes Mr Fawlty , we now have Bill S caught out , his claims of better fuel consumption by his beloved Fitch are now really put into perspective, the super salesman uses a common as dogs balls chemical addativeto achieve his claims of better consumption ,,,Bill S is the S for stupid ??
FollowupID: 419700

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 18:19

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 18:19
MR Fawlty, Yes chemtec I used in my mechanical business for years but that was before I found just what fitch does and better,and yes fitch works heaps better without ever adding anything but the product once fitted.
What chemtec acheived was elimination of diesel bug growth,never had comments as to power increases,or smoke reduction but definetly stopped diesel bug growth or if you like algie growth .Where as thru exhaustive testing it is proven that fitch will reduce exhaust emissions by up to 50% increase power by 5%to 10% and increase econamy by up to 15%.and beyond.
As stated by some forum user some time ago this would dissapear well guess what it is still here and growing.
Now second point why do you think that the Indonesion gov would mandate that it be fitted to every car and truck in their country??
They I think belong to the KOYOTO agreement,where as the Gov in this country, well they are as usual slow on the recognition side of things when it comes to helping peoples pocket and health.

BILLS
FollowupID: 419701

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 20:02

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 20:02
ALLOYc/t, For your information and to clear the air-FITCH is not a chemical nor is it
an additive and as for the S in BILLS it stands for SMART/////

Keep wasting your money BILLS
FollowupID: 419721

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 19:36

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 19:36
Ok, this Fitch gizmo.... I have checked on the site & I can't find any technical disertation as to how it actually works... Do You have to occasionally clean out the accumulated gunk in it or what happens? BILLS, who has done the testing you mention and with what authority? Does it cause a bipolarisation of the fuel that allows water to be burnt. Or does it pass the fuel through a metallic cannister of magnesium alloy to improve its cetane rating? if this is the case then the Magnesium is going to disperse with the chemical action and at some stage would need to be replaced...

I'm not certain that the worlds second most corrupt government would be a good advertisement for any product and I can't think of any reason why they would use Fitch if it did not work unless of course the manufacturer gave them to them as a kickback so the Fitch claims must be genuine.

I still would like to know how exactly they work...
A mate mentioned that they cause Turbo's to blow up because they add so much power to the engine and they recon you can run a diesel on filtered used cooking oil with no engine mods if you have one fitted. Also I'm told that with a Fitch fitted your engine coolant does not need changing as frequently + a Fitch thins down the sump oil to make winter starting easier... Have you found this to be true BILLS, or are these people pulling my leg?
FollowupID: 420220

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 22:59

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 22:59
Mr fawlty, Where do I start?1/ After running fitch on my 80srs for 200,000klms I can only vouch for the fact that it will most definatly NOT harm any turbo as mine was turboed as is my now 100srs which was fitted imediatly on purchase. Engine coolant has no bearing on fitch,coolant is totally indipendant of engine oil. Incidently fitch will allow engine oil to last longer as it reduces contaminents entering the oil.If you own a diesel I will bet that after 15,000klms you cannot see the metal on the stick thru the oil sticking to it,I can on mine. Also proven that fitting fitch will increase power by 5to10%. Winter starting is easier because the centain rating of the diesel is increased by the structural change in the fuel cause d
by Fitch.And also fitch has magnesiam,to name some of the metals --silver-paladium. zinc-cerium-antimony-and contains also-aluminium, and a couple of others.But mr Fawlty it definately does not leach any of its propertys into that which it comes in contact with. Everything this product advertises are completely TRUE.
And send me your email address andI will forward you any information you require.
Ans as stated before my 80 srs went from 7.6klms per litre to 8.7 and sometimes 9.2.People make some strange assumptions on this product with out understanding what they are about. Hope this answers some of you questions. Anyone who doesnt use it with the rising prices of fuel?? well what can I say???

Regards BILLS. My email adress billfitch @1earth.net
FollowupID: 420300

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:08

Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:08
"BTW I have ditched the Fitch as it did nothing to improve my economy"
Qote from Roachie - Nothing like a bit of real world testing from someone with no vested intrest in the product
FollowupID: 421963

Reply By: rolande- Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:57

Tuesday, Apr 04, 2006 at 17:57
Did some fuel economy figures with and without Morey's, no difference, so now use Chemtech, but not for the fuel economy benefits.
Rolande
AnswerID: 164788

Reply By: TerraFirma - Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:49

Wednesday, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:49
I like all Chemtech products, CT18 is a godsend. Chemtech Diesel Power is also something I use. Also use Nulon Diesel Injector cleaner and when I last pulled the injectors out of Cummins donks they were perfect.
AnswerID: 164972

Reply By: awill4x4 - Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 09:16

Friday, Apr 14, 2006 at 09:16
Ok Bill S, you have made the claim

"Now second point why do you think that the Indonesion gov would mandate that it be fitted to every car and truck in their country??"

Fair enough, you've made a big claim there Bill. Can you provide us with a link to actually PROVE the above statement.
I've always been a sceptic of your products (and indeed, your) claims and nothing I've seen has changed my opinion in the least.
Regards Andrew.

AnswerID: 166988

Sponsored Links