2002 landcruiser gxl remote transmitter

Submitted: Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 18:02
ThreadID: 32750 Views:3935 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions on adding a new remote transmitter. I just purchasted the vehicle and the place I bought the cruiser from sent me a new one to replace one that was not working, but gave no instructions. I have tried following the instructions in the gregory's manual without any luck, although it does only go up to 2001. Every thing else in the manual seems to match my model vehicle so I do not know why the procedure for adding a new remote would be any different.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nick G - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 20:16

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 20:16
falcon,presume you mean the cental locking remote control? When I bought my 2002 gxl cruiser, second hand from a toyota dealer, it only had one central locking remote control. I needed two, they aggreed that if I payed for a blank key and a blank controler they would program it for me. I did this (about $70 from memory),and got the key cut at a locksmith recomended by them. Then the fun started! Aparently every controler exactly matches each car and it is a complicated and exacting procedure to programe a new controler. It took them 3 tryes and 2 visits by me to get it right. They wanted to charge me for all this mucking around but after I jumped up and down loudly they droped the charges.So in answer to your question I don't think programing these remote controlers is posable by you and me it must be done by a toyota dealer. They also said that each vechle is individualy kept on file with the codes matching the serial number of the car. Hope this helps. Nick G
AnswerID: 166236

Follow Up By: 100TD - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:17

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:17
Tell me about it!!!!The stuffing around i had to go thru to get another remote programed was rediculous.3 visits and they couldnt work out why telling me it needed a new BCM as the old one wouldnt accept new entries,then only to realise it was an incorrect blank they gave me to get cut!Once attaining the correct one and cutting it was back to rooting around trying to program it(on/off ign 13 times on/off brake pedal 5 times,open/shut door 7 times etc etc etc)couldnt work it out.Booked it in to stay for a day and sort out.Picked car up that night and all done?What did they do i ask?Ohh just programmed it they said.Did u replace BCM?No was the reply.Well why couldnt they do that on previous visit?NO RESPONSE!BLOODY TOYOTA DEALERS.CHEERS Paul
FollowupID: 421150

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:48

Monday, Apr 10, 2006 at 21:48
You can try the LCOOL site. Theres a description here of how to do the remotes on the Prados - might be the same on the 100series.
AnswerID: 166285

Reply By: falcon74656 - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 16:23

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 16:23
Thanks for the replys. Turns out that the 2002 model cruiser is the same as the prado and the instructions are on the LCOOL site Site Link

just read carfully and note the key turns from the acc position to on position. not off to on as I did the first time.

thanks again to those who replied
AnswerID: 166463

Sponsored Links