Trailer plugs.With test LED's..Not expensive

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:22
ThreadID: 32782 Views:4089 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Yeah dinkum' ! The rep from K.T. cables,the guys who do all the fun stuff for wiring up our rigs,zip ties,krimp on terms etc..Well ! Your gonna love these..You know how we all lost those little screws that hold the Utilux female socket in..Forget that..These units just split open and it gets better..The plug has a proper little handle to pull it out..Wait! There's more ! Both the vehicle mounted socket and the trailer plug have a LED for each wire so you know instantly if all systems are go.Better to have these little lites lite up than the flashing red 'n blue ones as you are invited to pull over..Heck! I'm like Big Kev "I'm excited" .a little voice says "He's been to long in the bush"..Nope! I have no vested interest but wish I did. (Plugs etc made out of that tuff poly black gear they make poly pipe out of.Our poly pipe from our dam has been out in the hot sun 15yrs and still reasonable frexible "Why don't you bury it?" yeah sure..That's work)!MPG:8!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 3.0turbob - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:34

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:34
Sounds like a good idea, where can we buy these plugs?

Rob
AnswerID: 166384

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:55

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:55
Yeah, me too!

Kind regards
FollowupID: 421270

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:00

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:00
Hi Rob..As KT Cables supply almost all the auto and auto elec shops (we will probably stock the round Utilux™ type ones also,even though our main producst are bolts) so doubt you will have any problems..Oops ! My manager jus mentioned they will not be avail to gen public(us) until 1st May..I imagine they have a web site,prob www.ktcables.com.au Do a little Google if in trouble. I had made up a tester that I won't need anymore..Worked great..Is just a seven pin plug with seven wires with bare ends coming out and a festoon bulb soldered to the earth wire..Makes it so ezy to test rig,but these new LED plugs will also let us know if plug is making a all connections.My theory is that trailer lites that are LED equiped will burn ok,even with a lousy connection,where as incandesant globesdrawing much more power need a good,clean connector.I think LED trailer lites will work on both 12 & 24 volt or anywhere in between..."theory" an opinion or supposition..a statement of the principles on which a subject is based
FollowupID: 421272

Reply By: cruiser - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:26

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:26
These things are commercially available through www.trailervision.com.au/ and not that expensive either
AnswerID: 166404

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 13:04

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 13:04
Bear in mind,the KT Cables plug & socket each have the LEDs embedded in the case of each,so they are lit up at all times power is supposed to be flowing to the trailer lites..Looks a normal plug or socket but has a little row of LEDs..Can do a "hands free" visual check at any time..I checked the "Trailervision" site and it appears to my casual eye that they have testers to ensure the outlet is powered before pluggin in..But what happens later on ? The inbuilt setup from KTs is showing power flow at all times."Beware of imitations" I was shown the KT product and all units have KT branded into the plastic.Not stuck on.
FollowupID: 421295

Follow Up By: Scoey (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 14:48

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 14:48
"Beware of imitations" ???

Trailer vision has been around for a while now - might just be that the product you're proposing to distribute/sell is the imitation!?

Scoey
FollowupID: 421307

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 16:13

Tuesday, Apr 11, 2006 at 16:13
Damned good idea, will spend the dosh I was saving for a Fitch on these instead... Did someone say they came with steak knives....
FollowupID: 421321

Sponsored Links