Silence !

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 18:21
ThreadID: 32835 Views:1820 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
After about a million corrugations ,putting up with alot of rattles ,that appeared to be coming from all directions .

I adjusted and greased the back door of the Patrol ,with the desired result , Silence!

Only problem is I can here the missus now , LOL

Glenn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: briggzee (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 18:46

Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 18:46
Glenn, how did you "adjust" the back door? Also did you have any problems with dust entering via the back door as we have dust marks after doing relativley minor gravel work. Was contemplating replacing rear door rubbers before going on a big trip. Any thoughts, Thanks
Craig
AnswerID: 166741

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn D (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 19:24

Wednesday, Apr 12, 2006 at 19:24
What year model do you have , my neighbour has an early one and Nissan reckoned it needed to have the windows up and aircon on to pressurise it .

I have a 2001 model , didnt let any dust in around oz but developed some serious rattles , had a look at the bottom of the large back door ( R/H ) and the gap wasnt the same all the way across, it got larger toward the centre .
Had a look at the top of the outside of the door and the gap looked even , looked at the lower r/h bottom latch and it looked like it had moved , there were punch marks where it should be , moved it back in and its like a bought one. plus lubed everything possible.

Pretty sure the top latch has adjustment as well also the l/h door .

Even the number plate has stopped rattling !

Glenn
FollowupID: 421680

Follow Up By: briggzee (WA) - Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 18:50

Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 18:50
Glenn, thanks for the reply. we a '99 model. Hopefully we can fix the dust problem as I am not that keen on driving around with the air con on all the time.
FollowupID: 421922

Sponsored Links