Jenolan Caves House.

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 16, 2006 at 19:49
ThreadID: 32938 Views:2548 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Well folks all I can say is: don't bother.... we bought an Easter Package deal all meals included...I have never in my life seen & experienced such a woeful package.
The linen had stains on it, not fresh ones but was stained. the food was tres ordinare...The service non existant...

The service, when I pulled back the sheets to get into bed & discovered, that they were stained was non existant, no applologies, no "Ok we will fix it" just a look of total indifference...

In fact that is how I would describe the place... Totally indifferent, no one gives a damn after they have your money...

NEVER EVER AGAIN....even if they do clean up the place....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sparkiepete - Sunday, Apr 16, 2006 at 20:03

Sunday, Apr 16, 2006 at 20:03
There was a thread on Jenolan caves a while ago and you are not the first to complain about the place. I went there when I was a kid somewhere in the 1980's and I thought it was a magical place.
Returned again in the 1990's and I thought it was a waste of time having gone there.
Personally I don't think I will bother ever going there again.

Regards
Sparkiepete
AnswerID: 167263

Reply By: The Tinker - Sunday, Apr 16, 2006 at 22:15

Sunday, Apr 16, 2006 at 22:15
Was a report on TV within the last couple of weeks how bad Jenolan Caves House was. Was mention of the dirty sheets and everything you complain about.
AnswerID: 167294

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 00:06

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 00:06
I think it has nearly gone broke a couple of times and it has a really bad name . It is a great shame because it could be such a great place to go for a snug winter weekend .
I think I went to school with the guy in control of it . The education did not do him much good !
That is a bummer Mr Fawlty .
Cheers ,
Willie .
AnswerID: 167314

Reply By: Outbacktourer - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:05

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:05
Agree with all of the above. We drove to Oberon for dinner after we realised we'd been "trapped" with 2 kids and an expensive a-la-carte rest. with no kids menu when the snack bar closed at 4:00PM. I don't know who they think they are kidding.
AnswerID: 167321

Reply By: Member No 1- Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:20

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:20
i'd be demanding my money back.....
and then going to the authorities with the complaint.....they have to be licenced, dont they?
AnswerID: 167324

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:52

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:52
Yeah well remember my remarks about the management being totally indifferent. The place is now under the control of the NPWS I think but any way I have sent some emails to various people including the NSW Tourism Minister who had a big TV promo running in Canberra. Now doubt no one gives a shag... but maybe the NSW Taxpayers may revolt cause it is their money being wasted which could be better wasted on other things like the Cobar to Broken Hill Tunnel or better superannuation for NSW Pollies, strewth I'm a cynical bastard...
No I recon just don't support places like this, let em go under! Trouble is then the taxpayer has to end up bailing them out and the kids who work there loose their jobs.

Use to be a great place, I remember back in the late 60's escaping there with a young woman a few days befor I got shiped out....
FollowupID: 422453

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:02

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:02
We tried complaining too - it got nowhere. I think they were NRMA recommended or something like that at the time.
FollowupID: 422457

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:01

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:01
We had 100% same experience in my live. Woeful place - all up!

We had our honeymoon there and the bleep in bedhead wasnt even bolted to the bed... the heater didnt work, there was one pillow on the 'honeymoon suite' bed, that was barely a double...
When I complained they couldnt give a chit basically said go elsewhere - we have your credit card details...

Then when they tried charging us $70 for 2 days of breakfast (that was included in the deal) that was it. Wife wrote a letter to them demanding a refund which the reply said basically if you dont like it, dont come back.

AnswerID: 167331

Sponsored Links