car seat covers

Submitted: Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 19:46
ThreadID: 32966 Views:1919 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I'm still in the research stage of covers all together. Does anyone have op-inions on the canvas type covers verses the sheepskin and pros and cons of both. I have a 04 SR5 and haven't really had experience with either seat covers. I would like for them to fit real well though around the plastic parts of the seat etc.

Cheers,
Ben
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: sjp - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:30

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:30
all i know is that my cheepie canvas covers over vinyl seats were bloody hot compared to my cheepie sheepskin covers over vinyl seats ,dont much like a sweaty bum crack-chappy chappy rash!!
AnswerID: 167435

Follow Up By: benplant - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:35

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:35
seats are fabric. does that effect your comment?
FollowupID: 422575

Reply By: Sparkiepete - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:46

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 20:46
I spent over $200.00 for a pair of front seat sheepskin covers and they are worth every dollar paid.
No more getting out of the car with sore legs and numb arse. I used to get out of the car all sore and stiff from sitting for a few hours driving but the sheepskins have made it a whole lot better. Never had canvas seat covers but had those cheap woven ones(carpet looking?) and they were no good.

Regards
Sparkiepete
AnswerID: 167445

Follow Up By: Peter - Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 22:14

Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 22:14
Had sheepskin covers on the Patrol. They were comfortable but I found they meet me sit more 'on' the seat than 'in' the seat. When on a bumpy road I tended to slide around a bit. Have replaced them with canvas covers and find they don't get hot and I sink a bit into the seat which keeps me steady. Nothing really wrong with either type, just personal choice
FollowupID: 422638

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 11:22

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 11:22
My take on Michelle's SAC's IMHO.. (New Hilux)

1. Pain in the arse to fit , front and rear.
2. Made the seats so bleep in hard I took the front ones off.
3. They are so tight the covers take the lumbar out of the seats, this should improve over a period of time with stretching if you can live with them.
4. Left the rear ones on because I am forever sitting things on the seats and kids have habit of spilling things etc etc.
5. Otherwise the covers are well made and very very durable
AnswerID: 167534

Reply By: Rob Ackland - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:57

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:57
Ben we put canvas seat covers made by Candy Canvas in South Australia on our last Prado and they were fantastic. We have another set on our survey vehicle and they still look brand new. Easy to fit, comfortable and easy to clean. As well as being very hard wearing. We had ours on the old Prado for four years and they still looked brand new when we traded it in. Comfort was never in question as the CC guys used 12 oz canvas that is softened for comfort but wear is never compromised.

Sheepskin covers by their nature force you to change a seat position which can sometimes be a bit disconcerting but they are also very comfortable. Biggest but is that they get dirty and are hard to keep clean.

I would suggest you check out the Candy Canvas website.

Rob
AnswerID: 167761

Sponsored Links