OT - Art, Nuts, Jams and Oldsmobiles - my SA Sojourn.

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:51
ThreadID: 32978 Views:2200 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, I am home from my sojourn in S.A. Many thanks to Willem and Judith who put up with me for 3 days, while I gathered material for my Uni assignment. It was great spending time in Peterborough and visiting the Peterborough Art Prize anyone heading up that way next easter should pop in and have a look, Jude, puts in so much effort making sure things run smoothly, and the artwork is sensational, I came away with a beautiful watercolour of a windmill [one of Jude's]. I also left with a lovely supply of nuts, jams and pickles, and a beautiful sign for the front door of our home.

I met up with Al and the kids in the Barossa Valley as part of our car club's National Meet [Oldsmobile Car Club of Aust.] We had a great time and there were 35 Oldsmobiles on display ranging from 1927 - to the 1970s. Our old girl [1927 30E Tourer] ran superbly, the club also had 8 visiting Americans from the Rocky Mountain Oldsmobile club who enjoyed jumping into our members' cars and going for rides - in the states they mainly trailer their cars to meets and park them and not drive them around like we do.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter....now roll on July for our 4 week.

cheers
Lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:25

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:25
'Twas good to have you drop in, Mrs Al.

I can still hear the laughter from the lounge while THE PARTY was showing.

The Art Show is over for another year and today we packed everything away.

SWMBO barked orders and we jumped.

Going to sleep well tonight...lol

Cheers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AnswerID: 167619

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:51

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:51
I was still laughing 3 days later.. :)
FollowupID: 422825

Sponsored Links