Latest painting trip

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:35
ThreadID: 33254 Views:1981 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi fellow travellers!
Well, I have just returned from a trip around Mt. macedon region...beautiful country! Did a little photography and completed a painting of one of the fire trails on the mountain. Victoria certainly has some lovely places to see..and in my case to paint! If you would like to see the finished painting, folks, I have added it to my webpage here. Well, I guess that has completed my series of Victorian landscapes..so now I have to decide where to go next! With winter coming on, I fancy a trip into the northern climes are on the cards! Regards and happy camping!
Bronco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tim - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:59

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:59
Hi Ray,

They look like beautiful paintings. Would love to see them in real life or at least a little bigger :).

My wife paints pastels and I find it absolutely fascinating to watch them come together. What seems to be just some colours turns into a reflective water surface in a way that I could never achieve.

Would love to see some more.

Tim.
AnswerID: 169054

Reply By: Member - Ray ( (VIC) - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 13:12

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 13:12
Hi Tim
Thank you..appreciate the nice comments.
Love what I do..did it part-time for years whilst I was in th military, then police force..now get to do it full-time!
I travel a lot, seeking out places to paint, love landscapes!
I'm not a dedicated off-roader like most on here, but my modest rig gets me to the places I want, without too much trouble!
I find that combining my artwork with touring the country gives me a wonderful lifestyle,..should have done it years ago! Send me your email addy, and I can send you more of my paintings to look at, if you like.
Regards
Ray
AnswerID: 169068

Reply By: Pajman Pete (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 14:08

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 14:08
Done any painting in the Flinders? There are some lovely colours up there in the north.

Cheers

Pete
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 169083

Reply By: alleycat7 - Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 18:15

Wednesday, Apr 26, 2006 at 18:15
Beautiful paintings, Ray. Even with them so small they seem to draw the viewer right in.
Just beautiful.
AnswerID: 169143

Follow Up By: Member - Ray ( (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:37

Thursday, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:37
Hi Alleycat
Well, I have just completed my collection of paintings depicting the High Coiuntry around Victoria ( did them initially as a commission), but got carried away and painted quite a few! I provide items for a couple of galleries, and was honoured recently and invited to appear as a guest artist at the 22nd Waverley Art Show in June, so I figured I'd present some of them there.
Getting kinda cold down here now, as winter is drawing in, so will probably plan a trip north soon, maybe up around Byron Bay region, and do some paintings of the coast and surrounding area. Still planning the 'Big One', but have a few commitments to complete here first, but certainly looking forward to getting away!
I am also a cartoonist, and would love to put together a series depicting the 'Grey Nomads' sometime! You know, capture all those special individuals one meets at caravan parks and along the highway! Anyway, it's an idea to work on!
Thanks for the kind remarks
Regards
Bronco
FollowupID: 424588

Sponsored Links