cityview, beaudesert

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 21:18
ThreadID: 33360 Views:3892 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
wondering if anone can help me out with directions/ prices of the cityview 4wd park near beaudesert. their website is under constuction so i couldnt find directions???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:20

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:20
I rang today and it is now $30-35 they did raise the prices a bit.
You head into the centre of Beaudesert,(coming in from Mt Lindsay Highway-Jimboomba way, there will be a major traffic light intersection and a KFC across the road, turn right at those lights, follow for a k or two and take first right which is Bromelton Rd, (I think that is where it has the Boonah/Rathdowney sign) follow along, you'll go over a creek crossing and see 'Ilbogan Park', stay on that road and take the next left which is Sandy Creek Rd. Keep driving and eventually you will hit a round about, at the round about you'll see a dirt road across from you and a sign saying city view, just drive up the dirt driveway to the little house/office, pay, sign in, then they will give you directions to go back to the round about and from there to the park entrance.
Jo
AnswerID: 169743

Reply By: drivesafe - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:33

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 22:33
Hi Zano, I was there a few months ago with our club and got a special price so I can’t help with costs but I can give you directions.

If you are coming from Brisbane, go through the traffic lights in Beaudesert and head towards Rothdowney.

About 500m past the lights you will come to the Boona turnoff on your right.

Take the Boona road and drive about 3 kms through the Ss and on to the long straight.

Once on the long straight, keep an eye out for the Bushes Meat works sign on your left about 500m along the straight. Turn there ( can’t remember the name of the road ) and follow the road up over the railway bridge to a roundabout just on the other side of the bridge.

Turn right in the roundabout and pass the first tarred road leading out, then you will see a dirt track leading off the roundabout just before the next tarred exit.

Take the dirt track and follow it up to the house. That’s where you pay and log in. They will give you directions from there.
AnswerID: 169745

Reply By: zano - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:13

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:13
thanks heaps, much appreciated
AnswerID: 169804

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:34

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:34
I just got some new directions which apparently is a bit quicker and you skip Beaudesert township all together.

Driving on Mt Lindsay highway coming from Jimboomba end.. go through Jimboomba, you'll soon hit GlenEagle, use Veresdale Scrub Road on your left as a marker and take the next turn right which is Allan Creek Road, turn right there, follow to end and turn left. Follow to end and turn right, (which is the Boonah Road) then take first left which is Sandy Creek Creek. From Sandy Creek you just drive till you see the round about.
AnswerID: 169807

Follow Up By: drivesafe - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 17:08

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 17:08
Hi Jo and Mark, I didn’t mean to double up on your original post. I was still typing when you posted.

Anyway, if you have been the back way you would not recommend going that way as there are heaps of roads running off in all directions and although there is a number of ways to save a little time, as it would at best only save about 5 minutes, for those who have not been that way it is probably safer to just go through Beaudesert.

It is worth the trip to go to city views but try and avoid going in the wet as it can be VERY slippery out there.
FollowupID: 425195

Reply By: Jo and Mark - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 22:35

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 22:35
Hi guys, we went out to City view today and tried going the way via Allen Creek Road, did seem quicker, (like you said probably only saved about 5 minutes) but it was nice scenery!

It started raining half way through us being there and certainly became very slippery, I love the mud when 4bying, but not when there isn't much width to the tracks and big drop offs on the side! so we bailed, (we also had Dave and Tams 5 children with us, 3 in there car and 2 in ours) so also had to take into consideration extra care with sliding all over the place.
To be real honest I don't much personnally like City View, that was our second time and there still wasn't any improvement in the map, way too much info on the sheet and the signage on the track is still quite bad, if the map was better but signage bad or vice versa then it would be ok, but both bad together doesn't make it real good.
But having said that, that is just my personal opinion on the place, am not trying to put any one else off the park. There are many a great tracks to drive where you don't have to pay, but because we don't know them to get in and out of that is why we opted for cityview. (and also the one thing we are still yet to buy is a snatch strap, had the offer to borrow a mates but was also taking into consideration fuel, so we also wanted to go somewhere where recovery was available should the need have arised---just being cautious).
Zane I would suggest though (drive safe maybe your opinion here since you've seen the map) that whoever is leading when Zane goes out if they make sure they have a passenger for map reading instead of constantly stopping to check because the sign posting isn't crash hot.
Jo
AnswerID: 169933

Follow Up By: drivesafe - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 23:16

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 23:16
Hi Jo and Mark, sorry you found out the hard way about that the wet and city views don’t go together. So did I and like you, I also bailed out.

I had a two week old 4x4 and was not up on how to handle it so I and one other sat it out down the bottom while the others preceded around the place and all we heard all day, over the CBs, was rescue operations as the rest of them went to great pains to complete the run.

Funny you should mention the map. We also found it wanting and one of the suggestions put forward by one of a crew was that GPS notations would greatly help but a whole new map wouldn’t go astray.

I have every intention of going again, but only when I know it’s been dry out there for a while and I intend to take my own 4x4 next time.
FollowupID: 425309

Reply By: zano - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 01:32

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 01:32
thanks for the heads up, i will have a passenger how good she is with a map is questionable though
AnswerID: 169953

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:38

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 06:38
I think you could be great with reading maps and still have a few hiccups out there because of the tracks themselves, not much markings. Just take your time Zane, being your first time out there maybe first go round just on the orange track which is a loop of the park.
Jo
FollowupID: 425330

Follow Up By: drivesafe - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 07:15

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 07:15
Hi Zano, if your co-pilot can’t work the map out, don’t blame her because not only will YOU also have problems but when we was out there, we were helped by other 4by drivers who had been over the tracks before, plus we stopped at a farm house in the middle of the park to get additional directions because of the inadequate map provided.

They do need to get a better map made up.

By the way, don’t forget to let us know how you go.

Cheers.
FollowupID: 425331

Reply By: zano - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 20:47

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 20:47
its okay ill check out the map map when i get there and more than likely take your advice and stik the "orange track". i dont mind getting lost occasionaly as long as i get home eventually! thanks for the advice,
ill keep you posted jo as to how the trip goes
AnswerID: 170106

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 04:08

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 at 04:08
Do that Zane, let me know hoe your day goes!
FollowupID: 425737

Sponsored Links