Redarc Isolator

Submitted: Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 11:58
ThreadID: 33518 Views:1975 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ive been given a redarc CP12v-346 isolator with no details. It is not shown on the redarc website so I'm thinking it must be an older model. It has two posts for the battery leads, but does it matter which is in and out to second battery? And it only has one black wire coming off , where does this go to? And lastly it has a red LED on the front I suppose this indicates if it is charging second battery.
Derek I sent an email to your site a couple of days ago, but no response so maybe it didn't get there.

Athol
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ro-dah-o (WA) - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 12:09

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 12:09
I have just fitted the latest to my vehicle. The black wire will be the eart for the microressor bit. Make sure it has a god eart the the chasis etc. The red light will be on to indicate that it is delivering charge to the second battery. As for the post, I can not say. I would look at the instructions on the redarc site, as the biggest difference I could find from the new and the old is the overide wire. When I connected mine, the power from the main battery went to the post to the right of the micropressor.

Hope this assist.

good luck
AnswerID: 170621

Reply By: trolute - Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:34

Thursday, May 04, 2006 at 14:34
Athol,

I fitted a Redarc a few years back, and although i can't recall the order of the poles, I did find that the manufactorer in SA is very helpful, and answers emails almost as soon as you send them.

www.redarc.com.au/contact.htm

Trolute
AnswerID: 170642

Sponsored Links