Rescue the trapped miners..Passed them goodies

Submitted: Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:19
ThreadID: 33559 Views:1896 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Yep! Those two brave guys,Brant and Todd,are finally getting a few little luxuries passed thru the 8 3/4" pilot hole/tunnel to improve their claustrophic life-style.Like food,beverage and thanks to Steve Jobs,a loaded up (with music etc) iPod® plus a digital camera.I sure hope the big "Dis-InterGrator" soon open up the way for their rescue,no doubt,so do they.Best of luck all the guys (let us not forget the rescurers are heros themselves,as,they are operating in a situation where total safety can not be guarnteed)..Blue skies !!MPG:6!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:32

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:32
Something from this tragedy which I shall always remember are the words of the wife of one of the trapped guys (don't know which) before it was known whether they were alive or dead but after the body of the other man had been found, she said:
"I know he's alive, if he were dead he would have come to me and I haven't felt him".

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 170866

Reply By: gonebush SA - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:52

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:52
yes we all hope for the best out come they must be going through a living hell.
just a thought the other day they were given egg sandwiches, well i would of though that as eggs do funny things to ones gas out put and being in a confind place as they are i wonder if a gas mask was also given.
AnswerID: 170874

Reply By: djrziggy - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:55

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 09:55
My wife and I are following the ordeal on a personal level, our son in law is part of the rescue team at Beaconsfield. He works in a coal mine on the east coast and is part of the mines rescue team there, he was placed on call straight away, he and three others were called in two days ago to put in roof supports as the hard rock miners dont normally need to use this and needed the coal miners who were experienced in this area to help them out. It is a very tense time for everyone, and our prayers go out to everyone involved. Our daughter who is at home waiting, is very upset and woried about her husband coming home just as I am sure all the other families are. Lets hope it all ends safely.
Darren
AnswerID: 170876

Follow Up By: V8Diesel - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 10:16

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 10:16
Good on him. Our thoughts and best wishes go out to all involved.

I used to work in the mining explosives industry. Always worked in pits, never underground. Those blokes must have gone through physical and mental hell. I shudder to think about it. Literally.

I sincerely hope they've got a skilled publicist on the job already and can get some significant amount of money out of the media for their stories to set them up for the future. No matter how tough they are, I'm afraid post traumatic stress issues will haunt them forever.

I have complete respect for the mines rescue crews.
FollowupID: 426293

Reply By: Patrol22 - Friday, May 05, 2006 at 12:53

Friday, May 05, 2006 at 12:53
I can't even imagine what this must be like for these guys. One thing is for sure..they will be experiencing a closness to each other that will not be describable and will remain known only to them for the rest of their lives. I was trapped in a lift once for 4 hours and didn't cope very well with that despite having the company of 8 other people. These guys are tough of that there can be no doubt.
AnswerID: 170910

Sponsored Links