Hilux 2.2 L Diesel

Submitted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:02
ThreadID: 33636 Views:3505 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All
I have a L diesel motor and is blowing loads of smoke and is so under power going up hills. I have a fuel leak from my injector pump and have been told the pump is my problem i have rang around and the price for injectors and a pump rebuild are way out of my price range does any one have any sujestion to fixing my problems and how hard is it to put a new o ring kit in the pump and does anyone have a diagram of the injector pump as if i do it myself i can then just get it timed and this will save a lot of money
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: strzelecki - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:33

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:33
Hi Dave,I had the same fuel leakage problem with my 2.4 ,the local diesel mech fixed with new seals cost was about $120 it is a common problem,parts where probably only $10 worth. The change in diesel sulphur content is not compatable on the older seals,but anyway that 2.2 must have seen a few hours by now.

A full rebuild kit for my 2.4 was pretty cheap at around $700 that included all bearings,seals, gaskets,rings,pistons.... everything.If the head is not cracked a valve grind and cylinder bore to suit over size pistons and your back in business.
AnswerID: 171267

Reply By: Mainey (WA) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:35

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:35
Only correct way is to take it to a """Diesel pump repairer""" will cost about $500 yes a dam rip-off but they have the equipment to recalibrate the pump and components - you don't!!!!
Get them to check the injector spray pattern at the same time, may have to remortgage the farm but it's worth it in the long term.

The main 'O' ring is leaking and damaged by crap fuel :-(
Had "L" series diesel with same problem two years ago, repairer blamed the lack of OR the addition of some component in the new PB diesel stating it was a busy time for him.

All the rings should be replaced as they will all have the same problem and will be leaking internally.

You definitely can't do it yourself, however you can remove & refit the pump yourself if your savvy to the correct relocation knowledge
(if you have to ask questions like what's that? get them to do it)
Change the rubber Timing belt at the same time if not done recently ??
AnswerID: 171268

Sponsored Links