surveyor generals corner

Submitted: Monday, May 08, 2006 at 09:57
ThreadID: 33674 Views:2025 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering if anyone has done the track from Docker River to Surveyor Generals Corner, I f so what was it like and what were the kms.

We are looking at doing this track on the way back from Alice Springs in June then either heading to Warburton to refuel then onto the Connie Sue and Anne Beadell or straight down to the Anne Beadell as i have been told that you can get fuel as you join tha Anne Beadell track is this true.

We are travelling in four well equipped 4wds and towing camper trailers any info would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 10:15

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 10:15
Last time I checked, permits for this area were not being issued ?
AnswerID: 171486

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 21:23

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 21:23
Footsy

He He He I was gonna sneak down there one night about 10pm from the t/o and go sleep there , get up early, have me Cornflakes , get the required Photo's and the Pi** off , and if someone approached was going to put my vest on and Hard hat and go looking about on the ground as if I were an Official lookin guy and if asked what I was doing my reply would have been looking for survey points to build an airstrip seeing as though I drive a Pilot Car, BUT as i turned South the lights on the dash started flicking on and off because of a later found short so back-tracked the 1klm and continued East, Thats the only Corner Yet to visit.

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 427034

Reply By: equinox - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 10:55

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 10:55
Ive often thought of the consequences of going in that way as you can get right up to the corner without having to go through the normal channels for permits etc.

A loophole just waiting to be exploited!!!!!

Just stay on the NT/SA side :)

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 171495

Reply By: Phil 20 - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 15:29

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 15:29
A loophole just waiting to be exploited!!!

Or create hassles for all others who do the right thing or maybe even have a total ban imposed.
AnswerID: 171724

Follow Up By: equinox - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 18:06

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 18:06
There is already a total ban imposed!!
Check out the DIA website.

I've been there already, so I dont need to exploit the loophole.

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 427236

Sponsored Links