Barking Dog

Submitted: Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:00
ThreadID: 33859 Views:4772 Replies:27 FollowUps:25
This Thread has been Archived
Now after reading Lynn2's posting and having it established that this forum is for anyone and about anything.......
We want to hear from anybody who has had to put up with a neighbour's dog barking and barking and barking and not had a resolution after approaching the owner on several occasions, reporting it to the local council & been put through the lengthy and time wasting process that that entails, just to be in a position that in the end the Canine is still barking. Well we have and still are going through this and it has been going on for months and months.We've even taken up a partition, offered to buy a citronella colar, look after the dog when they are not at home etc etc etc..... Now if the noise was being made by humans we could call the police, but no the only avenue we have been able to take is through the local council and guess what, they really can't do alot without following a lengthy process that frankly is an insult to the people who are putting up with the annoying canine and the irrisponsible owner. Now don't get us wrong we love dogs had them for over 25 years but a constantly baking dog we refuse to tolerate. If the dog was on the street the council can come out straight away but for barking that's a different process.
My aim is to approach members of parliament and councillors and have this current process investigated, ripped up and re-written. Please if you have a story to tell post it on here or send me an email to at stopthebarking2006@hotmail.com
Anything for peace and quiet.......... ps yes our house is up for sale!
HAGW
Mish
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:13

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:13
You have my sympathy - a constantly barking dog is enough to drive you round the bend.

You appear to have tried everything else but I would suggest you try a medium power level untrasonic sound generator. I don't mean the things you can buy from Dick Smith or Jaycar (although it wouldn't hurt to give them a go) but something which will generate a few watts of ultrasound via a directional transducer. I don't think there is such a product made commercially but it wouldn't be too hard for a high level electronic hobbist to make one. Point it at the dog and whenever he barks give him a shot of ultrasound - it _may?_ deter him from barking??

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 172456

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:48

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:48
Saw something similar to this in a book of home inventions. Someone made one using a magnatron out of a microwave oven - quite awesome he was able to destroy targets at a distance. We should all have one of these whilst they are not banned yet.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 428405

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:19

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:19
As sad as it was, i printed up a notice advising the neighbours that their dog would be thrown a bait or 2 if it did noy shut up. They moved out.
AnswerID: 172458

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:23

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:23
Maybe the owner ate it
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 428070

Reply By: Mark T - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:26

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:26
About 10 years ago, I had a neighbour whose dog started to bark non stop in the early hours of the morning.

Other neighbours complaind and he ignored them.

So... when it started to bark again at 3:00 AM, I went to his house, knocked on his door and when he answered, I asked him if he knew his dog was barking?

I then explained that if I wasn't going to get any sleep because of his dog's barking, then I would continue to ensure that he didn't get any sleep either. When I explaned to the other neighbours what I had done, they organised a "roster" for the next week.

After 3 more nights, the barking stopped.

Cheers

MT
AnswerID: 172460

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:36

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:36
Sensational.
FollowupID: 428072

Follow Up By: Greiglin - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:46

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:46
This dog only barks non stop when there is no body home which is from sundown till late evening (arvo shift workers). It is a Pitt Bull who is chained to a post on the veranda of their house. RSPCA says the dog can be chained 22/7 so quite legal....The property is about 3 1/2 acres big and we are a good 80 metres away from the dog so a lot of our options eg ultrasonic devices don't work that distance. These owners won't come to the party of any type of collar. Look we don't blame the dog entirely, the owner of the dog just won't try and fix the problem. Yep "killing" the dog has crossed our mind but that's as far as that goes we could never do that to any dog. We have even been told by the council that this breed of dog shouldn't be chained but should be in a secure yard at all times. No action has been taken by them though to ensure this is happening..... mainly because the council advises them they are coming out to visit the property and the dog is in the enclosure when they arrive (so you look like idiots). Can't win no matter what you do. Look we don't like having troubles with anybody, we just want peace and quiet and to be able to sit under our veranda of an evening and enjoy the night and our pool and garden.
FollowupID: 428076

Follow Up By: joc45 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:46

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:46
Just make sure you are a couple of metres back from the front door when he opens it, just in case! lol!
Gerry
FollowupID: 428077

Follow Up By: A.J - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:36

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:36
You should try putting up with a bloke who thinks he is Elvis. . . . . has an amp, a guitar and is tone deaf! SHMBO went round and asked politely for them to turn it down, no joy, called the cops, no joy, wrote letters to the council daily, no joy. . . . . stole all the fuses from his meter box, joy till he replaced them. Even the neighbours tried to shut him up but cause he is "less fortunate" than the rest of us he can do what he wants. No option left but to move!
A.J
FollowupID: 428212

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:52

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:52
We have two dogs and from time to time they bark. That's their job. But they aren't allowed to bark while we're at home, and I'm here almost every day all day. Sometimes other dogs will set them off and mine are "spoken to".
You have to understand that to my wife, our dogs are like children.
The guy on the hill behind me (relative newcomer to area) complained to the council that my dogs were barkers. They certainly are when he brings his 3 dogs past my fence and one of his dogs wander around my property. His dogs also bark in the daytime because there's noone there, and of course that sets mine off. (and into trouble).
They wrote a letter saying that they had tried to phone us (they hadn't tried very hard) and that they had complained to the council. My wife was upset, and never forgave them. Council came and met dogs, had a chat and said "no problems".
In 20 years of living here, we've put up with domestics, every animal noise and mess possible (except for elephants :), loud parties until 2am etc etc. We never complained. Next doors animals still wander over here after dark and leave their calling card on our verandah, but we have never mentioned it. We'd have to be the quietest property here. We've always lived on the basis of live and let live.
No longer.
Sadly, my wife never forgave the neighbours.
Our self rightous neighbour has changed our neighbourhood for us.
We live on acerage and for us, the noises were just part and parcel of country living. Sadly we're no longer country. The council rekkons we have the same rules as anyone in a high rise. How bl&&dy stupid !
Dogs bark for a reason. Loneley, frightened, intruders, etc etc.
So if you're having problems, try and talk to the owners in a non threatening way to start with. Ask them if you can help them to find a solution.
Not getting along with your neighbours because of animals isn't nice for either party...I know !

AnswerID: 172466

Follow Up By: Greiglin - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:07

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:07
We have approached these people on no less that 4 occasions, sent a letter even offered for them to come over, have a drink and listen to what we put up with. The response is. Don't come onto the property, they wont listen to anybody. They are not even the owners of the land, we have contacted the owners they are property developers who couldn't care less. This pocket of land is in a predominantly residential area of north Brisbane, about 20-25 properties back onto this place and all of us have just a normal building size block 607sq. Not talking rural here. This dog is only one of many dogs that surround us, yes they all have a yap or bark for small bursts at a time but continuous NON STOP for hours at a time wears you down. You eat your evening meal to the tune of the dog, have the TV turned up way to high to try and drown out the noise or if you want to enjoy the back yard with visitors etc you are forced to go inside and lock the back up to curb the barking. Even tried to organise a mediator, not an option. Others complain give ideas but the dog is still barking..............
FollowupID: 428083

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:15

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:15
Hmmmm has anyone got any Elephants...???
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 428167

Follow Up By: Footloose - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:23

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:23
Doug, no elephants but I rekkon some posters have a kangeroo loose in the top paddock :))
FollowupID: 428209

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:00

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:00
Thing is Lynn2 seems is not a paid Member of ExplorOz , and yes it is open to all to make comments so what does Lynn2 want for nothing, as long as the majority are happy with what we get then so be it
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 172470

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:58

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:58
Sorry! Have I missed something here?
Where does Lynne2 connectt with barking dogs? Someone point me in the right direction please.
Ian W
FollowupID: 428135

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:04

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:04
You can't see the link?????

crying wolf????
FollowupID: 428151

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 18:32

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 18:32
Lynn2 was barking on the other days she wanted travelling information and didn't like 4bys being discussed. I don't think she was crying wolf Gary, just a yapping yapping yapping yapping yapping yapping yapping yapping sort of sound.
FollowupID: 428195

Reply By: Hairy - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:01

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:01
Give the dog a bloody huge bone (bullock leg) when the owners are away.
AnswerID: 172471

Reply By: johannagoanna - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:31

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 11:31
I don't know what state or local council area you live in, but things must be different here in NSW, and in particular the Blacktown Council!

About 5 years ago we went away for a week. We arranged for the young boy next door to feed and walk our dog, twice a day. Obviously the poor old dog was not happy with this arrangement and barked a lot. This from a dog that very rarely barked even at other dogs!

One of our neighbours, don't even know which one, rang the council, who sent out a letter, and threatened legal action, as the dog was clearly breaching the peace. We were told that if it occured again, we could be fined also.

I tell you what it sure made us aware of what had occured, as none of the neighbours had complained to us (what wimps!), and the letter from the council was the first we knew of the dog barking.

We never left the dog home alone, when we went on holidays again - she went to the kennels!

Jo
AnswerID: 172478

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:00

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:00
Johannagoanna,
At last, someone from my own immediate area found on this forum, I'm a Seven Hills Boy (old fart).

Ian W.
FollowupID: 428137

Reply By: RosscoH - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:15

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:15
Hi Greiglin, You say this dog is a Pit Bull, No more problem, they are a banned Breed in Queensland, If the council will do nothing about it Get A T V station in on the story, That should get some results.

Cheers RosscoH
AnswerID: 172507

Reply By: Patrol22 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:42

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:42
Don't you have a fox problem in your back yard? Would be pure accident if a 1080 or 2 were accidently misplaced in the neighbours yard....
AnswerID: 172513

Follow Up By: russ36 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:26

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:26
why impose a slow stressfull agonising death on a frustrated dog when the problem lies with the owners ?....killing an animal like this is a cruel gutless solution
FollowupID: 428170

Follow Up By: Patrol22 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:46

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:46
..didn't mention anything about a dog.....
FollowupID: 428181

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:45

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 14:45
Just get some good earplugs.

Anyway - how come you can get away with an off-topic post about dogs? I only have to mention the word C A T in a post and it all gets deleted!

Seriously though - surely your council will take action. We had a house in the city some years ago (rented out). We didn't know the tenant had dogs (no pets on contract), but we had a useless rental agency at the time. We got a letter from the council about a complaint. Result was dogs were promptly removed. (End result was that dogs had already damaged blinds, carpets etc, and tenants did a runner with outstanding rent; much more than bond covered.)

In our small rural town residents cannot even have roosters (some try, until someone complains) - not even on small acreage holdings. My daughter had a pet lamb a couple of years ago and someone complained - soft baby-like bleating just sometimes. It was only a few days old. She had to bring it out here for me to feed. She said "I bet it was that woman on the corner who's dogs are always barking."
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 172514

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:00

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:00
"I only have to mention the word C A T in a post and it all gets deleted!"

hahahaha here we go again :))))
FollowupID: 428136

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 18:37

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 18:37
G'day Mutha, just get Willies shottie to it.

Errr, didn't an old Rooster tell me lived with you? Has he been barred from town yet? He didn't seem the type to crow too loudly.

Hope you have good memories of the trip 'over East'.
FollowupID: 428198

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:02

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:02
Hi John R - Still crowing loudly - but luckily we don't live in town!

Our daughter looked after the farm well, and the only firearm left was an old shotgun - one that packs a punch and is very loud. She deals with vermin with that - so i warn everyone not to get on the wrong side of her.

We had a fab trip - great meeting you & Heather on the way.

Mum hen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 428207

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:24

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:24
What is the answere? Does any one of really know?

I also have problems with the next door neighbour's bloody dogs, and yet we ourselves have always had a family dog. My neighbour borders on what you might refer to as a disfunctional family and it appears to have rubbed off onto their bloody dog/s. They started off with one of those little yappy things, as soon as they go out the mongrel ran up and down the boundary fence yapping in a high pitched bark each and every time we walked out our back door, couteous requests to the neighbour resulted in smug shoulder shrugs and comment to the effect that I was a winging nark because the neighbour on the other side did not have a problem, of cours there was no noise when the owner was at home.

Lo and behold, when this bloody dog turned it's toes up after many years of sub-standard care, the replacement dog took a set to the neighbour on the other side, the one who infered thhat I was a nark for whinging. No! There was no real poetic justice because I still had to listen to the continual barking. As you probably guessed the dogs barely make a peep when the owners are at home, but as they both work week and weekends thewy are seldom at home. Yes dogs I said because they now have THREE of the antisocial bastards.

Don't give advice about complaining to the Council, it's a waste of time, like one of the above I also live in the Blacktown LGA, to quote an Aussie yachtsman, "It's like complaining about your wife to your mother-in-law.

Oh! By the way, I am a Local Government Employee and it makes me weep to compare the attitude of the Council for which I work and that of the Blacktown Council.

My wife and I have always had a dog, we are dog lovers, when it is a trained, happy and well adjusted dog. However I must admit that I would be sympathetic to any person who HUMANELY disposed of any of the above described dogs.

No way could I point the finger, I have come so close to doing the same.

IAn W
AnswerID: 172520

Reply By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:34

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:34
Dogs and apartments

Pedro
AnswerID: 172523

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:37

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 15:37
Make sure you have the sound on when viewing above link

Pedro
FollowupID: 428145

Follow Up By: Greiglin - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:11

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:11
Thanks for the link Peter R....got a good laugh out of that. Yes the human element has a lot to answer for.
Oh for that 1000 acres and your home in the middle...
The council in question is Caboolture Shire we live in Deception Bay and yes Pitt Bulls are regarded as restricted but you can still have them on your property for the fee of $320 per annum. These dogs are allowed on the property as the law was introduced in 2002 and the dogs were already there. As for the owner complying to the regulations of housing the dog/s properly that isn't being followed but the council have done nothing.
Maybe as suggested ealier bring in some TV cameras....... well that a strong consideration..
FollowupID: 428153

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:31

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:31
My first step would be to contact local councillor, to see what can be done.

Pine Rivers Shire which is right next to Caboolture has a site setting out details of Local Law 42, barking dogs

Not sure if this is a general Queensland Local Government law but your local councillor should be able to help

Pedro

FollowupID: 428157

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:51

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 16:51
Still got a casett recorder ?? tape the barking ,time and date ,play tape at full volume at your fenceline whenever your neighbours are home , council bylaws in Brisvegas regarding dogs barking are not worth the paper they are written on ,
AnswerID: 172534

Reply By: russ36 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:20

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:20
i have large loud dog that barks obsessivly but only during trips on the back of my ute. everybody within 20-30 m winds up their windows to escape the awful sound. i have installed a 200 dollar 12 v pa system....now all i have to do is say her name once on the lowest volume and she shuts up instantly..she hates it.. a hand held portable pa system is half the price...hope this helps.....russ
AnswerID: 172537

Reply By: S&N - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:33

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:33
too bad the dog is 80m away. beacuse if it was closer, you buy a spray bottle, dissolve a big dollop of vicks in hot water, when it cools, spray away!!! you know how much vicks upsetts your nose, try it on a dog with a nose 1000 times stronger!!! they HATE it. my dog trainer told me that one!
AnswerID: 172540

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:42

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 17:42
hahahaha mind you, the dog may seem to be a little unfriendly towards you after the event LOLOL
FollowupID: 428179

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:23

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:23
Bark activated ultrasonic screamer wound up as loud as it will go on your fenceline. The dog will cower away once the pain level get too much, and it will learn that barking at it only starts the screamer going. Try for a frequency around 25kHz (above our hearing, but well within theirs) using an oscillator hooked up to a hifi piezoelectric horn speaker. Several microphones along the fenceline to hear the dog barking hooked up to a trigger to the oscillator. Mount the piezo speaker as close to, and above the fence, and on your side of the boundary.

As far as the council is concerned, the equipment is on your side of the fence, and does not affect the "quiet enjoyment of the premises" provisions of the noise legislation (no human can hear the noise).
AnswerID: 172554

Reply By: Mike Harding - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:51

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:51
I think you should buy an Engel.
AnswerID: 172555

Reply By: Old Scalyback & denny - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:57

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 19:57
goodday greiglin

is the dog on an adjoining property
if so i use a piece of black poly pipe about a metre long and every time the dog barks
i belt the fence or shed wall with the pipe and tell the dog to shut up (you can either do it while owners are out 1st time 1st dog i did this to used to cower around the other side of next doors house when i came out the door they couldnt understand why but i didnt even have to yell at the dog in the end)or with owners home back neighbours dont say much any more and dogs shut up as soon as they hear me now i dont care as long as dogs shut up I HATE BARKING DOGS our dog only barks or growls if somebody is about

steve
ps only takes a few days and the gets the message as they dont like the bang its a bit like a fire cracker theres another tool if your in a state where you can still get fire crackers i dont believe in cruelty to animals but i hate barking dogs

AnswerID: 172556

Reply By: ro-dah-o (WA) - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 21:04

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 21:04
Its a bit like screaming kids,

only the shire cant do anything about them.
AnswerID: 172568

Reply By: DamoHJ61 - Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 22:37

Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 22:37
Greiglin, I feel your pain!!!
Whinging barking pal muncher next door near drove me insane, tried the friendly approach both with the dog and it's owners to no avail.
Valium in some meat develops a great sleeping habit for the dog, don't overdo it as you don't want to knock the poor thing off, a 5mg tablet for a medium sized dog will give it plenty of shuteye.
If this isn't your idea of fun then try fireworks and a sling shot, great sense of self satisfaction especially the first one they encounter.
Both methods work very well but I do agree whole heartedly with you, the problem is not the dog but the owner.
If the dog was to somehow break free and wander onto your property, you may be able to take a more direct approach, same goes for the owners too!!!!
AnswerID: 172583

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 00:57

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 00:57
Before dabbing the poor bastard (the dog) why not try to talk to it and befriend it, most likely its just lonely / scared & frustrated. I find it works well, it just lets them know someone is around and everything is ok, after all they are pack animals with pack instincts and just like us they dont like to be alone.

as with most animal problems, the only prob is with the owners.

good luck Brad
AnswerID: 172590

Follow Up By: Pavo - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 08:23

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 08:23
I'm sure you are right about it being lonely/scared and frustrated, but I wouldn't approach a dog on it's own property, when the owners are not present, and the dog is chained up. Those attributes on their own make a dog defensive, I'd hate to think what the combination of those three does. Oh, and he mentioned it's a Pittbull...
FollowupID: 428239

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 22:53

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 22:53
Oh yeah, i'm not saying jump the fence and give it a hug :-)) , just talk to it over the fence.

actually a pure pit bull that is properly raised and trained is a great dog, its the half bred raised by mongrels that is a problem.
FollowupID: 428839

Reply By: ev700 - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 23:37

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 23:37
You said that you are moving so what is to be gained from continuing the complaints with MPs, Councillors and so on?

Why not move on mentally as well as physically?
AnswerID: 172687

Reply By: Joe King - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 07:20

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 07:20
A paintball gun with the balls injected with perfume or vicks
AnswerID: 172708

Reply By: Member - bushfix - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 08:58

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 08:58
G'day,

had this prob once,

bought one of these

fixed the problem very quickly.

geez i don't remember them costing so much, but then, you would welcome a solution.
AnswerID: 172725

Reply By: ImEasy - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 10:32

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 10:32
May I suggest grabbing the dog, and shoving it up the owners arse!
AnswerID: 172753

Follow Up By: Joe King - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:40

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 11:40
ha ha ha ha ha ha, that is the best answer ever!!!
LMFAO
FollowupID: 428402

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 10:47

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 10:47
throw a T Bone steak over fence, full of fish hooks.

Failing that, steal the dog, take to Vet, and have its bark disabled.
AnswerID: 172757

Reply By: Rokkitt - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 11:12

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 11:12
Hi,

Obviously there is no simple resolution to the Barking Dogs. I read with enthusiasm hoping to find a resolution for my neighbour and his pets.

They started off with "three" maltese terriers which seemed to bark constantly - Night and Day, I complained to them and was told "there is nothing I can do" by the owner. Since then they seem to have aquired several cats and an alsation which happily joins the Terriers as a "Tenor"

Now all four of these dogs seem to congregate near my neighbours driveway which jusy happens to be next to my bedroom. Being nice and nasty with the neighbours has not worked.

I have contacted "Councillors", the council, the police, anyone who would listen - apparently they are not allowed to own more than two dogs but no-one will do anything about this situation except advise......had one very helpful police officer who went and had a "chat" with them, it helped but it certainly hasn't helped the problem.

I am very dissapointed that I am unable to get any support from my local representatives on this matter. I would be happy to get involved in changing the law/attitudes to sympathise more; with what is a serious problem.

Rokkitt

AnswerID: 173114

Sponsored Links