Alarm set off with turbo timer shutdown

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 00:26
ThreadID: 3388 Views:1360 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have just upgraded to an 80 series GXL 24 valve turbo diesel with a turbo timer. If I lock the vehicle (with toyota remote) before the engine has shut down, the alarm goes off as soon as the engine stops. A real ‘pain in the but’ waiting for it to shut down before being able to walk away. Any bright ideas???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: toonfish - Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:34

Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:34
im not sure of the brand used nowadays but look up the manual as usaually there is a auto shutoff feature on most alarms and it is a matter of pressing the remote button a number of times and the indicators flash to say if that feature is on or off and so the doors should auto lock but the immoboliser will not come on until the engine is shut off when the timer is fiinished.
the alarm goes off beacause of a voltage sensor in the system
cheers
check with nissan or a auto electrician
AnswerID: 13238

Reply By: Truckster - Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 12:34

Sunday, Feb 16, 2003 at 12:34
There are special alarms to work with Turbo Timers...

Its somethign good to come from the Gino set with their lowered Civics and things like that.

AnswerID: 13251

Reply By: flappan - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:24

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:24
There's usually a conflict between the TT and Alarm.

Its only a fairly recent development that the alarm activates after the TT stops. Its usually the TT that is the problem.

I doubt the manufacturers would be any help as
1. Its illegal to use them.
2. It voids your warranty
and 3. Insurance Comapnies don't like them either.

Speak to an auto sparky
AnswerID: 13296

Follow Up By: Truckster - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:07

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 16:07
Its Illegal to use what Alarms or Turbo Timers? In what state? and since when?

Why would they void your warranty? they assist in the well being of a turbo unit...

Insurance co's do hate turbo timers.. I'll go with that.
FollowupID: 7810

Reply By: Wil - Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 20:20

Monday, Feb 17, 2003 at 20:20
Allan
I have been hunting around for a TT & Alarm package for a same vehicle. They say that a relay is required to fully arm the alarm after the TT cuts the engine. Relatively cheap exercise if you have both the TT & Alarm already. I don't mind some tips on what make of TT & Alarm unit and any special things to look out for. Rgds

Wil
AnswerID: 13344

Sponsored Links