Chescold / dometic 3 way fridge

Submitted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 14:01
ThreadID: 33884 Views:4399 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi jusrt a quey re the chescold / dometic 2 way type fridge freezer the model is the F or R 400 - the green one

ok i want to use it as both a fridge freezer at the same time by separting off two compartments witjh a peice of marine ply or poly bread board or similar - similar principal to the bigger ceshcold / dometic combi box - the big blue one - cant fit the big blue one in the back of the patrol but I can fit the slightly smaller green one in next to the 40 litre engel which we use as a freezer all the time

anyone out there who has used the green chescold as a combined fridge / freezer at the same time with two different seaparted compartments and if so how did it work - would appreciate any EXPERIENCED comments from owners of the green one and comments as to how good a freezer it can be

ok see and thanks
regards greg

need a 3 way as wnt to run it on gas when in camp
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 14:12

Sunday, May 14, 2006 at 14:12
A forum search will give you lots of info which may help.

This is a post I made some time ago: 30140

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 172633

Reply By: J.T. - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 23:39

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 23:39
Our green 40lt chescold freezes easily on 240v and gas if not checked and turned down regularly.On 12v with good thick 6mm wiring on a long drive it will try to freeze slightly so we put our frozen goods under the element and put a piece of foam to section off other fridge side.Pretty happy but on 12v when stopped it sucks the battery pretty quickly.9kg gas lasts about a month.
AnswerID: 172878

Sponsored Links