new seating for GQ

Submitted: Monday, May 15, 2006 at 09:55
ThreadID: 33906 Views:1561 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I can get my hands on some old MQ patrol seats. Now the seats I am not interested in but they have the 'suspension' seating underneath (like little shockies). I was thinking of adding this to my current GQ patrol. I thought this would make the ride better for very rough roads etc.
Has anyone had this type of seating before and if so what are your thoughts? Do you get 'sea sick' with them? You can dial up your individual weight on it so you can control the amount of cushion.

Thanks,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Matt- Monday, May 15, 2006 at 12:02

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 12:02
Hi Gossy, I've recently put a Kab suspension seat in my GU. If you have a damper in your design, that should stop the pogo stick effect. In my set up, the suspension seat does seem to smooth out the rough roads which got me thinking am i gonna drive the car harder now my ride is smoother? What I also like is the higher seating position I now have in the GU plus the benefit of a quality seat.

matt
AnswerID: 172766

Follow Up By: Gossy - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 12:34

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 12:34
thanks Matt, I have spoken to KAB this morning but obviously it's hard for me and them to talk about stuff over the phone so I was going to drop in and see them. Can I be rude and ask what seat you got and how much?
FollowupID: 428416

Reply By: Member - Matt- Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 12:20

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 12:20
The Kab seats are a bit pricy, mine is a 411 (I think) and I paid aprox $1700 for it to go into a truck about 5 years ago. Having bought a new truck I swapped back the original before trading. As a point of interest, the "old" Kab seat leaves the new Hino air ride unit for dead. So on top of the seat purchase price, I took the Kab to patrol adapt bracket, bushes and damper over hauled plus a few mods to change it from a truck seat set up to the patrol set up. This was an additional $450.00. Now this absolutely outraged my partner who said it was a waste of money, should have sold as a truck seat for a grand etc. How ever, after she took the GU down south for a week she has come back a changed woman, nothing but praise for the Kab. Niki left Perth with a sore back she'd had for a few days and was worried it might ruin her trip. A couple of hours locked into the correct posture by way of the Kab, she now wants one for the passenger side as well, which I said, that would be a waste of money :)
matt
AnswerID: 172916

Sponsored Links