11 Days

Submitted: Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:02
ThreadID: 34031 Views:2051 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Said goodbye to the boss yesterday and will see you again mid October.

The next thing is to finish getting the Troopie ready. My original plan was to take my time over this weekend and most of next week.

That was the plan until I was asked to do a advance driver training this weekend. So today the rear diff goes back in after the welding of the cracks. New shackle bushes, a check of the centre pins and "U" bolts. The brakes have been checked and the oil replaced. So that should be it for the rear.

The same for the front on Monday plus the gear box oil change.

Completely unpack the vehicle, take out the bench set in the back and strip all the draws out. Trying to make the vehicle as light as possible. Get the new tyres fitted and a oil change. Then get a pink slip. To get a pink slip they have to do a brake test, so the lighter the vehicle the better it will stop, I hope. ( See you next week Scott , MAAAAAATE)

Repack the vehicle checking that all the gear is working.

In the mean time my family is coming down from Queensland for my daughters wedding on Saturday. So that rules out next weekend. Monday is shopping day. All the food and stuff for my first trip, which is the Canning.

Tuesday, 30th May, 9am at Maccas, Lithgow I will meet up with the other driver for the Canning and then I can relax.

It is a good thing that it is only 11 days to go.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: traveller2 - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:07

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:07
Wayne
Know what you mean about getting a laden troopy to stop well enough for the meter at rego time.
Go with the guy when he does the brake test and pull it back into Hi 4wd (with hubs locked of course) and it won't lock the rears and will pull up really well.
Did this every year with my troopy.
AnswerID: 173481

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:07

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:07
Wayne,

Don't forget your cameras, cards/film, etc etc and just make sure that hidey hole in the back of the truck is ready for me :))))))
AnswerID: 173482

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:12

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:12
Al,

Not a problem, happy to have you come along.

You can get a pass from home until September. That is when I hope to at home again for a week the back out again until October.

Wayne
FollowupID: 429430

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 13:16

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 13:16
Wayne,

I wish :)))) That's going to be one incredible trip. You guys be careful out there and bring back lots of info, tall tales and piccies for the rest of us to enjoy.
FollowupID: 429491

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:34

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 08:34
Okay, okay okay...........don't rub it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky bugga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a goodun mate............
AnswerID: 173488

Reply By: Member - Mike H (VIC) - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 14:48

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 14:48
G'day Wayne,
I won't be far behind you.

For me it's Cape York first this year, then Across the Top, followed by the CSR and the Kimberley.
I expect to be back late Sept. with about 25000 k's behind me.
Most of my Tag Along People are from Europe and they think that our fuel is still cheap..........

Like you I'm busy doing a few mods and maintenance jobs right now.

Have a good one and might catch up somewhere out there.
Mike
AnswerID: 173539

Reply By: Willem - Friday, May 19, 2006 at 19:22

Friday, May 19, 2006 at 19:22
Drop in on your way past, Wayne. Send me an email for directions to willem at kempen dot id dot au.

If you can't make it we might meet up 'Out There' somewhere

I too still have a few small jobs to do and then we are off again into the Never Never
AnswerID: 173591

Sponsored Links